Windows 10: Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

Discus and support Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a tough time creating a new incoming connection on my Windows 10 pc. I'm trying to create a VPN so that my laptop can connect to a NAS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamieHovell, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

Hi,

I'm having a tough time creating a new incoming connection on my Windows 10 pc. I'm trying to create a VPN so that my laptop can connect to a NAS drive on a LAN network, both in and out of the office.

At the end of the 'Allow connections to this computer' wizard, it comes up with the error message "Windows could not create your connection - Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."

I have scoured the internet for fixes, including trying a registry edit that seemed to be a popular solution. However that was already implemented on my machine and did not help at all.

I have also tried manually starting the Routing and Remote Access service but that just ends again when attempting to create a new connection.

The strange thing is that a brand new laptop, running exactly the same build of Windows 10 (version 1803, build 17134.523) managed to set up an incoming connection with no problem.

The workstation in question is connected to two networks, one which is the office internet connection and a separate LAN network which has the NAS drives on it.

I hope somebody can help!

:)

JamieHovell, Jan 15, 2019
  2. tampsuli Win User

Cannot create new incoming connection

Heya Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My computer Im trying to get this fixed is an Intel NUC which is connected to internet with a cable, I dont use WiFi for this setup at all.

I'll try to walk through your suggestions and see if it helps, but I've done couple of them already (Restored to a week old build, removed windows updates and so forth)

Explaining my setup and error more will enlighten my situation probably better:

Modem, with internal hub capability, referred later as "M"

Computer 1, Intel NUC, connected to internet with a Cable to "M", referred later as "A"

Computer 2, my normal PC, connected to internet with a Cable to "M", referred later as "B"

A is working as VPN Host server and B is connected to internet through A with windows VPN connection

I lost the ability to accept incoming connections on A and now I am unable to create new incoming connection to A.

tampsuli, Jan 15, 2019
  3. tampsuli Win User

I'm missing the button "File" and everything else besides "Organise" from the tool bar, r-clicking doesn't give me an option for new connections either. Everything was working fine couple of days ago but today I was unable to connect to my VPN 'host' and
    started to diagnose the problem, deleted old incoming connection thingy and now I am unable to create new one Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection. :(

Tried some regedit things for Win 10 ENT from 2017, cant remember the link I found it from but it was official Microsoft rep I copied the reg edit thingys from. And yes I am logged in as Administrator.

I cba to install Windows again Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection. :(

Any suggestions where to "enable" these options again?

Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection. 530ac34e-05b1-430e-a942-f239abb3be52?upload=true.png

tampsuli, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

Cannot create New Incoming Connection

I was attempting to setup an incoming VPN connection so I could securely connect to a remote machine of mine (non-domain). In Network Connections I go to File -> New Incoming Connection. I select the user, check off 'Through the Internet', then click
    'Allow Access'.

I get the error:

Windows could not create your connection

Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.

In the System event log I have Event 7024:

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error:

General access denied error

In services, Routing and Remote Access is set to start automatic, but it is stopped. When I try to start it I get the following error:

The Routing and Remote Access service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703 build 15063.138

NickChristodoulou1, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection.

1. Error creating new incoming connection - Windows could not create your connection. - Similar Threads - Error creating incoming

2. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  3. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  4. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. could not create a new folder

could not create a new folder: could not create a new folder and there is no option if i pressed right mouse button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-create-a-new-folder/48e88fd4-26cd-4ef8-8a04-ccb7c467af6a
  6. New Incoming Connection

New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  7. Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error

Can't create Incoming connections Windows 10 - error: Hi, I've been trying to create an incoming connection and get an error I can't get around. I have 3 computers running: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630 (updated yesterday). Two of the computers have the error, and one did not. (I successfully created incoming...
  8. new port could not be created -0000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new port could not be created -0000: hi there, I am trying to download driver of MG 5660 CANON PIXMA PRINTER, but not get it. The message appear on window " new port could not be created -0000". My brought new laptop HP with Window 10. please resolve my problem. thanks regards,...
  9. Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message

Unable to start a new incoming connection - error message: Hi, I try to start a new incoming connection but when finished, and setting up the connection I get an error message saying something like: Incoming connection depend on the service Routing and Remote Access, and it could not be started. See the event log for more...
  10. Setup: Could not create new partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup: Could not create new partition: Hello everyone, Just tried to reinstall my windows. Everything works fine untill I select the drive on which the os should be installed. The error "could not create new partition" pops up. Already searched for it on the internet and pretty much the same solution comes up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not create your connection

2. win 10 2019new incomming connection

3. new incoming connection

4. create new incoming connection,
  5. windows could not create your connection vpn