Windows 10: [ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?...

Discus and support [ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tmdss93 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tmdss93, Jul 15, 2020.

1. [ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?...

/u/tmdss93, Jul 15, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Jul 15, 2020
  4. [ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?...

right mouse button

win 10 --- right mouse button does not open some files on the desktop ,, the screen freeze , turns white ,, then the screen reloads itself

robwill_478, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

[ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?...

1. [ERROR] Desktop Environment Freeze and Right Mouse Button Won't Work. How can I fix it?... - Similar Threads - ERROR Desktop Environment

2. How can you fix a left mouse button not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can you fix a left mouse button not working?: I've done every fix I could find, changed batteries, switched ports, etc., and it still doesn't work. I've checked the manufacturers website to find a new driver update, but its all on chinese. I'm having a really hard time here, since I use my pc a lot for school related...
  3. How can you fix a left mouse button not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you fix a left mouse button not working?: I've done every fix I could find, changed batteries, switched ports, etc., and it still doesn't work. I've checked the manufacturers website to find a new driver update, but its all on chinese. I'm having a really hard time here, since I use my pc a lot for school related...
  4. How can you fix a left mouse button not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  6. Left mouse button not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button not working right: First I thought hardware issueWhen I click the left mouse button it doesn't work. I press it 5-10 times then it may respond once. In the mouse settings if I switch from right to left buttons then the right works fine however when I restart my system it switches back to left....
  7. Left mouse button not working right

8. mouse right button not working

mouse right button not working: mouse right button not working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-right-button-not-working/be5ad139-ab02-485a-82b2-b3ff783cc639
  9. Right Mouse BUtton

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Mouse BUtton: I have Windows 10 Home Edition , Recently I'm facing a problem in which when ever I click right mouse button on main screen(Desktop)curson keeps showing the running process but nothing appears ,I have tried full reset , but still problem persist. Please Help me find a...
  10. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?: Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not...