Windows 10: Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

Discus and support Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to do as below and getting below error. Kindly support. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RavinderDhingra, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

I am trying to do as below and getting below error. Kindly support.

Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 a31921d7-830b-456a-aa82-98c70840f327?upload=true.png

:)

RavinderDhingra, Feb 21, 2020
  2. meloneum Win User

BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Feb 21, 2020
  3. hrairk Win User
    The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Thanks for the reply Riel.

A.User shares two links on the page you suggested, the first one "MSCOMCTL.OCX dependency error attempting to install FLAC frontend" addresses the exact issue I'm facing with MSCOMCTL.OCX, the second link is not relevant.

On the first link's page, user k.c.s. shares detailed instructions on how to get the MSCOMCTL.OCX registered properly in a 64bit environment, however at the very last step (when we execute regsvr32) I'm getting the error:

"The module 'mscomctl.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

The desired outcome of regsvr32 is to get the following message:

"DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded"

As a side note, I've also run the SubInAcl tool to grant administrators the proper rights to make registry changes (thinking this might be a permissions issue with the registry). However, this did not resolve the DllRegisterServer failure. In case you wanna
    see this solution given by user quella3,
    here it is

Appreciate the continued help on this.

-H

hrairk, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried downloading and installing Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls from this
    link?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

1. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 - Similar Threads - Error Dllregisterserver failed

2. Updates failed with no error code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates failed with no error code.: So I I usually update my Pc every 3 weeks, came for my usual updates downloaded the anti defender updates with no problem, but my windows cumulative updates didn’t go through. But I get no error codes anyone has a clue?...
  3. Updates failed with no error code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates failed with no error code.: So I I usually update my Pc every 3 weeks, came for my usual updates downloaded the anti defender updates with no problem, but my windows cumulative updates didn’t go through. But I get no error codes anyone has a clue?...
  4. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009: The issue is already posted in this link but it is locked: Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 - Microsoft CommunityMy search for this error code got me to that post but the answer does not solve it. I later got the solution but can't post it there...
  5. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009: The issue is already posted in this link but it is locked: Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 - Microsoft CommunityMy search for this error code got me to that post but the answer does not solve it. I later got the solution but can't post it there...
  6. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10: This article lists possible solutions to fix DLLRegisterserver failed with Error 0x80070715 in Windows 10. In most cases, the error occurs when the Volume Shadow Copy does not start or is disabled. [ATTACH] DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 If you...
  8. MSCOMCTL.OCX errors, DLLregisterserver failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSCOMCTL.OCX errors, DLLregisterserver failed: I am trying to run a piece of software and when I do I get the following error: Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. I searched for it and found the file and copied it to the syswow64 folder. I then...
  9. Error 0x80020009 in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80020009 in windows 10: Hi, How may I fix Error 0x80020009 in windows 10 for installing softwares? I need to install Mas 90 Sage and this error pops up and does not allow me. I appreciate your help. Best Regards, Hengameh Fathinejad...
  10. Application error, Event 1000 and DllRegisterServer was not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Application error, Event 1000 and DllRegisterServer was not found: Hello, From Autodesk support I got answer: This is not an Autodesk related issue, if you have an IT department have them take a look to search what can be causing this error. Windows 10 users have reported this issue & it is a Microsoft error that link has some suggestions...