Windows 10: Error Downloading Cumulative Update

Discus and support Error Downloading Cumulative Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abigail F, May 21, 2022.

1. Abigail F Win User

Error Downloading Cumulative Update

Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings I get a red alert under saying "Your device is missing important security and quality features" Which I spent a day trying different tutorials to fix along with going into safe mode trying administrative commands with but to no avail. Then I get a notification saying I had some updates to install so I did thinking nothing of it and all but one update worked successfully that being "2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 KB501394

:)

Abigail F, May 21, 2022

2. Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, May 21, 2022
  3. awalt Win User
    Can't install Cumulative Updates for v1909

I was having a different error than you, but still could not get any updates to work without failing after download - whether through Windows Update or downloading from the Catalog and doing it locally. After trying many people's lists of how to reset Windows Update, I finally did the Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation & Upgrade by Shawn Brink. Other than going in and turning off Defender and the Firewall just in case to speed things up when it was "Getting Ready" (this step took about 2 hours for me), this worked flawlessly. I went from a busted 19041.264, to a repaired 19041.84. I was then able to go into Windows Update, and about five updates installed perfectly including the May and June cumulative updates. Just a suggestion if you run out of ideas, I had!

awalt, May 21, 2022
  4. Foxfan Win User

Cumulative update KB4598242-OS Build mismatches-W10 20H2

This is what I've done to date.

1- downloaded the update reset batchfile from the source given, and run it.
    2-immediately rebooted the machine
    3-downloaded the relevant ssu, although this is listed as installed in Control Panel > Programs. Running that msu confirms that it's already on the system.
    4-downloaded the KB4598242 msu from Microsoft, and run it. It started Ok but failed with the same error 0x8007000D
    5-checked with sfc /scannow - no problems reported.

In other words, I've stepped through the suggested processes, but still end up with the update failing to install, and with the same error as when update attempted through WU.

I may try the whole process over again, before attempting anything else.

Foxfan, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Error Downloading Cumulative Update - Similar Threads - Error Downloading Cumulative

2. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download Cumulative Update: Cannot download 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028166, getting this: 0x80073701 error message back every time, I have already ran recommended command prompts...
  3. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Cumulative Update: Cannot download 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028166, getting this: 0x80073701 error message back every time, I have already ran recommended command prompts...
  4. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cumulative update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update error: Hi guys, I have a question, i have a error cumulative update for 21h2, but there is a option for feature update for 22h2, i try to update it, but also, i unable to update it. I try to dism tool, and sfc tool, troubleshooting windows update, i a do the suggestion by Microsoft...
  6. Cumulative update error

Cumulative update error: Hi guys, I have a question, i have a error cumulative update for 21h2, but there is a option for feature update for 22h2, i try to update it, but also, i unable to update it. I try to dism tool, and sfc tool, troubleshooting windows update, i a do the suggestion by Microsoft...
  7. Error Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Downloading Cumulative Update: Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings I get a red alert under saying "Your device is missing important security and quality features" Which I spent a day trying...
  8. Error Downloading Cumulative Update

Error Downloading Cumulative Update: Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings I get a red alert under saying "Your device is missing important security and quality features" Which I spent a day trying...
  9. Error downloading Cumulative update KB5000802

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error downloading Cumulative update KB5000802: I'm having some trouble downloading KB5000802. I'm getting error: "We couldn't install some updates using the the account your signed in with." I'm signed in with the administrator account. I've rolled back to yesterdays Macrium image and tried again but continue to get the...
  10. Downloading cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading cumulative updates: Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?...