Windows 10: Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

Discus and support Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pjfarr, Mar 1, 2019.

1. pjfarr Win User

Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly.

Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error :

G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied.

This happened once before several weeks ago and all it took was a reboot to get it working again. Rebooting didn't work this time. I can see the drive in This PC and open the properties for the drive, but when trying to run the disk scan tool I get:

The disk check can't be performed because Windows can't access the disk.

I can also access the security tab, but I'm not able to make any changes due to an error saying "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings."

All info I found online suggests fixing the permission settings, but of course I'm unable to do that. I'm stumped. Now, the drive is 13 years old but it hasn't been used that often, just a couple times a month to do backups. It's not used for anything else. There is 13 years worth of files on this drive and I really hope this can be resolved .

Advice?

:)

pjfarr, Mar 1, 2019

2. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Access denied error in Windows 10

Original title: Lost Drive

Everything listed I have done & error Access denied. Why it's my stuff.

JIMHELENE Kruppa, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CError: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied. :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied. - Similar Threads - Error Drive accessible

2. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  3. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  4. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  5. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  6. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  8. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. g: is not accessible. access denied

2. local disk c c/ is not accessible access is denied windows 10