Windows 10: Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update

Discus and support Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using a web application that's Java based and every time there is a Windows Defender Antivirus Definition Update, this application stops... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PriyankaShah1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update

I've been using a web application that's Java based and every time there is a Windows Defender Antivirus Definition Update, this application stops working. I've been keeping an eye on what changes when I get the error, so I have noticed the day there's an update is the day the error starts cropping up. The program's website is in the Java Exception List, so I know the problem isn't with Java. Everything will work again if I do a System Restore, but the update comes out every few days and doing System Restore every few days is not a workable solution. Any ideas what I can do? I have tried to find out how to disable the automatic updates but no luck so far in finding a set of instructions I can actually follow. I don't want to stop updating the Antivirus program but I am at a complete loss at the moment as to how to stop the error from cropping up all the time. Here's what the popup says: General Exception ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.engine.main. Any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

PriyankaShah1, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 error

Hello

When I run Windows Update I receive the following message concerning Windows Defender:

Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update [​IMG]

And when I try Windows Defender itself, I get the following:

Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update [​IMG]

The latest definition version installed is 1.245.410.0. Can anyone suggest what might be at fault here?

Thanks

Mr Morgan, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.225.3124.0) - Error 0x80070643

Hello,

With the issue description, I understand that you are getting the error code for Windows Defender Error 0x80070643. I will certainly help you.

KB2267602 is the latest Definition update for Windows Defender. I would suggest you to follow the suggestion as a workaround given by
    johnhawk88 replied on 24, 2015 and check if it helps.

Definition Update for Windows Defender - Error 0x80070643

If issue persists you may try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update troubleshooter.

Run the Windows Update troubleshooter to try and fix the issue. Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

I request you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check it helps.

• I search bar Type Troubleshooter and click on
      Troubleshooting;
    • Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the
      view all button the left pane.
    • Click on the Windows update
      troubleshooter
      and run it.

Method 2: Reset Windows Update components
    and test the issue.

I suggest you to reset Windows Updates Components. Resetting Windows Update Components and the Windows Update files helps to fix Windows Update errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Backup the registry:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual”
    from the above article.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender.

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Kumar Ravi, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.1796.0) - Error 0x80070643

None of the steps above worked!

Windows update still says "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.2544.0) - Error 0x8007064"

Norton did shut windows defender off, but windows update is still trying to update windows defender!

LynDanforth, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update

1. Error due to Windows Defender Definition Update - Similar Threads - Error due Defender

2. Windows Defender Definition Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Definition Update Error 0x80070643: From Window Update I get this message. There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643 It was trying to install Windows Defender...
  3. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  4. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  5. definition updates for defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  6. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. window defender virus definition update error

window defender virus definition update error: every time i try to update the spyware and virus definitions its popup a message that it couldnt be updated and shows error code: 0x80004004. what should i do?...
  8. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  9. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433
  10. defender definition error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    defender definition error: hi i get this error 2145124318 in definition updates. this is causing windows update from working properly. i'm running 1703. is this a familiar problem. thank you pohttps://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142301&stc=1&d=1499096764thound 88119