Windows 10: ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ)

Discus and support ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install a copy of Windows 10 to a newly built PC via USB drive. For reference, the PC specs are: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Asus ROG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JMD___, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JMD___ Win User

ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ)

I am trying to install a copy of Windows 10 to a newly built PC via USB drive.

For reference, the PC specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
    GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600Mhz (2x8GB)

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB

BUT, I have encountered a few different errors while attempting to install Windows 10.

From this point on I'll recount the actions I have taken to attempt to resolve this issue (as briefly as I can).

1. After building the PC, I booted to an official Microsoft installation USB. I was prompted to select the correct settings for the install:

Here's an overview of my installation preferences:

- Activation Key: None; I had used the key from the official installer on a previous build, so I plan to activate after installing Windows.

- Version: Windows 10 Home

- Storage: The single partition of the single SSD I have installed

The problem is that part way through the installation (at about 30%), an error message appears...

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Error Code: 0x80070570."

Naturally, I looked up the error code. Based on some quick research, it seemed as if there were 4 possible problems: RAM failure, hard drive damage, file system error, or Windows installation file error. So, I triple checked my parts' compatibility; all good there. I figured a brand new SSD from a reputable brand wouldn't likely be at fault. To me, the most likely cause would be a faulty installation USB . Which brings me to...

2. I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 ISO file onto a separate USB drive. I then booted from it, choosing the same preferences.

Near the same point in the installation, a different error pops up.

"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation."

But, even after restarting the installation, the same error occurs.

3. After a few hours of research, over the course of more than 20 failed install attempts, the options I've tried include:

> Hardware Changes:

- Using a friend's Samsung SSD in lieu of the SanDisk

- Changing SATA ports

- Plugging SSD in using a USB/SATA adapter (would not begin install in this case)

- Used 1 DIMM / Used different DIMM slots

- Used different USB ports for installer (front panel & rear IO)

- Confirmed that all power and data cables were plugged in

> Different BIOS Settings:

- All Defaults

- Setting my XMP profile to the RAM's rated speed

- Disabling CSM

- Used Windows UEFI boot mode

- Used Other OS boot mode

All these options have been exhausted without any luck, all resulting in the same "Windows could not prepare the computer..." error message.

If anyone has any questions about my processes, and especially if you have any advice/suggestions, please let me know. All help is much appreciated. This has been a very frustrating process.

Thank You.

:)

JMD___, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. ERROR during Windows 10 Fresh Install via USB (PLEASE READ) - Similar Threads - ERROR during Fresh

2. Windows 10 Live USB getting error irql not less or equal during fresh installation of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Live USB getting error irql not less or equal during fresh installation of...: Hello. I recently got a new cpu and hard drive for my laptop, a toshiba satellite L635. I formatted the drive on my other windows computer to NTFS on my other windows computer, and wanted to do a fresh windows installation on the laptop. I downloaded the iso and created a...
  3. Windows 10 Live USB getting error irql not less or equal during fresh installation of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Live USB getting error irql not less or equal during fresh installation of...: Hello. I recently got a new cpu and hard drive for my laptop, a toshiba satellite L635. I formatted the drive on my other windows computer to NTFS on my other windows computer, and wanted to do a fresh windows installation on the laptop. I downloaded the iso and created a...
  4. Windows 10 Live USB getting error irql not less or equal during fresh installation of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Freezing During Installation via Bootable USB Drive

Windows Freezing During Installation via Bootable USB Drive: Hi all, I have recently re-built my PC after a clean, and done my routine yearly format of my SSD and re-install of Windows, however this time I'm having trouble with Windows freezing at the start of the installation process. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB using...
  6. Windows 10 install via USB

Windows 10 install via USB: [IMG]Im trying to downlod windows 10 onto my old computer as I got a new one and was going to give the old one to a friend. It had been giving me a blue screen for a while but nothing serious. I downloaded windows 10 onto a USB from my new laptop. I am not trying to save...
  7. Windows 10 installation usb not working. read details please

Windows 10 installation usb not working. read details please: my windows 10 pro error after it suddenly turn off when i was playing games. then, i created an installation USB using other pc which is windows 7. after done,i plugged it into my broken pc and it bring me to the recovery screen with this error code:...
  8. Shutdown during fresh install windows 10

Shutdown during fresh install windows 10: While attempting a fresh install of 10, I didn't realized the power had gone offline and the fresh install of 10 was interrupted by a shutdown. Now I cannot get the dell 5720 to load windows 10. It also will not read either from the network or the usb media creation tool. Its...
  9. 0x80070001 error during Windows 10 USB installation

0x80070001 error during Windows 10 USB installation: I have assembled a new PC and tried to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD. During the installation (at about 15%) I get an error message 0x80070001, telling me that the program can't find all necessary files. What have I tried so far: 1. Downloading the ISO several times....
  10. Installation of Windows 10 via USB

Installation of Windows 10 via USB: I am attempting to install windows 10 on a new computer. I have downloaded windows onto a usb using the media creation tool, and booted the computer with the stick in it, but I get an error message 0xc0000225. I have redownloaded windows, and it still does not work. I...