Windows 10: Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...

Discus and support Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Surface Go with LTE and it appears that the cell part hooks up and it knows the ISP but the data connection is locked with the SIM PIN2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by poewqiyrpwqheflksajdcx.mn, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...

I have a new Surface Go with LTE and it appears that the cell part hooks up and it knows the ISP but the data connection is locked with the SIM PIN2. I downloaded the dia program and ran it and it returned "Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device" I tried to other ISP vendors and they also acted the same way. With Surface Go, I would try changing the control by Windows to manual and started the connect and it also would not work. I have updated and also downloaded the Microsofts update for the LTE and they did not fix the problem also. Any fixes out there that work?

Thanks

***Original title: SIM PIN2 locked on new Surface Go wiht LTE***

:)

poewqiyrpwqheflksajdcx.mn, Mar 1, 2019

2. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

My new Laptop is a Lenovo T470s (S/N PC0PXLX1) with a "Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A" WWAN card.

After working well for 6 weeks, I am now unable to get an internet connection using that adapter.

Windows 10 network diagnostics tells me I need to "Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device". I can find no way to enter anything.

Tech support at both AT&T and Lenovo have never heard of SIM PIN2 and each blames the other for the problem. I have talked to each several times and have been referred to "advanced tech support."

My internet provider is AT&T.

This community has referred to a "provider specific software" that solved one participant's similar problem.

My provider, AT&T, has given me two PUK numbers. I suspect their PUK2 may be the SIM PIN2, but I still have no way to utilize that information.

HELP!

[Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC ]

JackRounds, Mar 1, 2019
  3. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

Hi Dawn,

Some Windows 10 PCs have a SIM card in them that lets you connect to a cellular data network, so you can get online using a cellular signal. If you're having cellular connection problems, changing one or more settings may
    help. To do that, we recommend that you refer to this article on how to
    Set up your LTE connection on Surface Pro LTE.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the steps provided in this
    article for further troubleshooting.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. CeSinge Win User

Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...

SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

In my case, besides the PIN2 thing, the networking test wizard rightly pointed to NPCap that I had installed days before. I have installed the latest Sierra LTE drivers from Lenovo, but that didn't help. It seems that NPCap is not compatible with these
    Sierra LTE drivers. Maybe WinPCap will work - I didn't try yet. But after a thorough removal of NPCap with Revo Unistaller, the LTE was quickly up again.

CeSinge, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...

1. Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE... - Similar Threads - Error Enter SIM

2. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  3. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  4. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  5. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen

SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen: Hello, I was using my surface pro 5th gen with LTE and it worked perfectly for a month and then all of a sudden the surface stopped connecting to the LTE, it actually identifies the network name and strength but it won't connect to it. After running the troubleshooter, it...
  7. SIM PIN2 locked on new Surface Go wiht LTE

SIM PIN2 locked on new Surface Go wiht LTE: I have a new Surface Go with LTE and it appears that the cell part hooks up and it knows the ISP but the data connection is locked with the SIM PIN2. I downloaded the dia program and ran it and it returned "Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device" I tried to...
  8. Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro: I would like to enter the PIN2 into the inserted card of the internal modem in a laptop in Windows 10. Unfortunately, I can not find a place in the cellular communication options in Windows 10 to do this. The internal modem is EM7305, and I do not have an application that...
  9. UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?

UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?: I'm fed up with the poor service and expense of Virgin Media for UK broadband (70Mbps) and all day phone calls for £50 plus. I've just bought a 4G phone and find I can tether it to my Windows 10 laptop or PC and get 35Mbps internet download speed which is fast enough for my...
  10. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter a sim pin2 to unlock mobile broadband

2. sim pin2

3. mobile broadband pin2 is locke

4. sim pin2 unlock,
  5. mobile broadband device is locked with sim pin2,
  6. sim pin2 locked,
  7. enter sim pin2 to unlock the mobile broadband device,
  8. sim pin2 locked windows 10,
  9. sim pin 2,
  10. enter sim2 pin to unlock,
  11. how to enter sim pin2 windows 10,