Windows 10: Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites

Discus and support Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I rebuilt my father's computer. New motherboard, processor, memory, the works. Only kept the hard drives and case/power supply. Had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaedenRuiner, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites

So,

I rebuilt my father's computer. New motherboard, processor, memory, the works. Only kept the hard drives and case/power supply.

Had some difficulties at first, but in the end Windows 10 installed and activated just fine.

Now I am attempting to Install Office, but want to log into my Microsoft account to install office from. I can log in, but when I click on the Account icon (top right of page) and click "My Microsoft account" it lags and then comes back with either a connection reset or SSL Bad Record error.

This is brand new, reformatted the drive, installed the mother board drivers to be the most up to date, and yet some sites (including microsoft.com of all things) just won't load. Using Edge, Firefox, or Brave iIm getting the same problems.

I've turned off windows firewall, i've checked that SSL 3.0, and all versions of TLS are active in internet options. I should not have to list "microsoft.com" as a "Trusted Site" in the internet options.

I am at a complete loss. On the exact same network, my Windows 10 Pro laptop that I'm using works just fine, but his new PC (windows 10 home) just won't interact with the internet correctly.

Hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS Z390-A

CPU: Intel i5 9400 2.9 Ghz

Memory: Kingston DD4-4000 8GB x 2 (running at 2400 because of CPU limitations)

Hard Drive: Crucial SSD MX100

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

***Original title: Brand New System ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Errors***

:)

JaedenRuiner, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

CANNOT ACCESS CERTAIN WEBSITES

Hi,

To help you better with your issue in accessing certain websites, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when accessing those websites?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access those websites outside your network?

Let us know so we can further help.

Regards.

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites

'ERR_CONNECTION_RESET'

I get 'ERR_CONNECTION_RESET' message when clicking o 'Log In' on my online banking. Only have this message on my laptop. Can access from my IPAD no bp. All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites

1. Error: ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, while accessing certain websites - Similar Threads - Error ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

2. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  3. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access certain websites: I am unable to access certain websites on my pc, it just comes up with a screen saying 'this site can't be reached', I've checked the connection and the proxy and the firewall but when it comes to trying to run windows network diagnostics, it says 'An error has occurred while...
  4. unable to access certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  6. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access certain websites???: Recently bought a new desktop and after I hooking everything up, I found that I couldn't visit websites like roblox.I think it's a DNS problem, but the tips I found after doing a search didn't seem to help. The only temp fix was plugging the ethernet cord into a different...
  7. Unable to access certain websites???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Brand New System ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brand New System ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Errors: So, I rebuilt my father's computer. New motherboard, processor, memory, the works. Only kept the hard drives and case/power supply. Had some difficulties at first, but in the end Windows 10 installed and activated just fine. Now I am attempting to Install Office, but...
  9. Cant Access Certain Websites

in Browsers and Email
    Cant Access Certain Websites: Guys please help when I try to access audiomicro.com and igg-games.com with google chrome an error saying forbidden 403 nginx pops out I tried a lot of things clearing my cookies and caches, trying another browser, deleting the contents of my temp files, flushing my dns but...
  10. Cannot access certain websites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access certain websites: Hello All, I am not able to access certain websites like ebay. I am getting this error This site can't be reached 'ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED' or I get this error 'ERR_INVALID_CHUNKED_ENCODING'. I have tried changed the DNS settings. However, it then works sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT