Windows 10: Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

Discus and support Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The following event are observed in the event log. I uninstalled nVidia 431.60 and let Windows 10 find the appropriate driver. The error appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redhonker, Sep 22, 2019.

1. redhonker Win User

Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

The following event are observed in the event log. I uninstalled nVidia 431.60 and let Windows 10 find the appropriate driver. The error appears less frequently but it's still there. What could be done to fix it?

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video2
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x500900=0x80000001

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

:)

redhonker, Sep 22, 2019
  2. none8 Win User

Event ID 13 occured at time of reoccuring crash. Need help fixing.

I'm facing black screen crashes regularly, and this most recent one came during a game, just after I "Reset" Windows 10 without keeping any original system contents. Essentially a fresh installation of Windows 10, almost.

Event Viewer logged the error at time of crash, Event ID 13, 30 times at the exact moment it occured, and the error description reads identical every time in the general tab, with one variation being under \Device\Video3.

Here's what the two Error descriptions state under General, 1 after another 30 times:

Event ID 13:

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    \Device\Video3

Variable String too Large
    the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"

Event ID 13

\Device\Video3

NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 2, TPC 1): TEX NACK / Page Fault
    the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

How can I fix this and what is causing it?

none8, Sep 22, 2019
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

4. dalchina Win User

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Error: Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found - Similar Threads - Error Event source

2. Game crash with "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crash with "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": games are crashed after a few minutes of gaming. theres also buzzing sound before crashing to desktops sometimes.here's the following error detail in the windows event logs :I'm not using an app like RTX Voice or NVIDIA Broadcaster, also did the clean installation and...
  3. "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": My computer is fairly new, probably 4 months old, ever since it was built the error started showing. I tried everything already literally everything, I looked through the threads of this community of people with the same issue, and the suggestions people were given to them. I...
  4. "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found": My computer is fairly new, probably 4 months old, ever since it was built the error started showing. I tried everything already literally everything, I looked through the threads of this community of people with the same issue, and the suggestions people were given to them. I...
  5. Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm: This event has kept crashing my games, I just built this PC this has been happening so many times. The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is...
  6. Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm: This event has kept crashing my games, I just built this PC this has been happening so many times. The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is...
  7. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated...
  8. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated...
  9. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found: A few days ago my system strated crashing almost every day while I play some games. Sometimes I get a blue screen, other times I just loose the screen and have to hard reset and in other times the system reboots itself . I already tried unistalling the video drivers and...
  10. Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.: I recently bought the Ryzen 7+1660ti variant of Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H. In the first week owning it, I already experienced daily BSODs with error related to nvlddmkm. Since reinstalling Nvidia drivers using DDU did not solved the issue, I did a fresh install of windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found.

2. the description for event id 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. you can install or repair the component on the local computer.

3. nvlddmkm cannot be found

4. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found,
  5. Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found,
  6. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found 2020,
  7. event id 13 nvlddmkm windows 10,
  8. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer,
  9. nvlddmkm 13 \Device\Video3,
  10. nvlddmkm cannot be found,
  11. event id 13 nvlddmkm,
  12. event id 13 from source nvlddmkm,
  13. event id 13 nvlddmkm can not be found