Windows 10: Error executing exe file

Discus and support Error executing exe file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gevatte, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Error executing exe file

Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting.

It always reboot during download after running exe file.

What should i do fix the problem?

Pls help me..

submitted by /u/gevatte
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gevatte, Mar 4, 2020

2. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 4, 2020
  4. zephyrus Win User

Error executing exe file

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

zephyrus, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Error executing exe file

1. Error executing exe file - Similar Threads - Error executing exe

2. Exe error on all file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe error on all file: [ATTACH] Evrytime i try to make a bootable usb or even app are show me this type of exe thing i didnt find any solution can some one help asap plz submitted by /u/Big_Significance_547 [link] [comments]...
  3. Auto-Execute EXE When USB Plugged In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-Execute EXE When USB Plugged In: Is there any way to auto-execute an exe program without using any 3rd party software?I want to execute a Software when a USB device is plugged in.As soon as I plugin the USB the exe should execute and will show a Welcome Screen GUI.The application is developed in .NET Core...
  4. Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.: Many recent EXE application set up files will not run. This presumably started a few days ago, but I then thought it was confined to just one setup EXE (Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe). This morning I discovered it's many (but NOT all) of them. The inactive ones seem to be...
  5. Canon printer .exe file will not execute in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Canon printer .exe file will not execute in Windows 10: Hi, I bought a new Canon printer and downloaded the Canon .exe setup file. When I click the .exe file I get the following error message. I'm running Windows 10, latest update. The .exe file works fine on Windows 7 pc. [ATTACH] Help . . please....
  6. win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute <file name>.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute <file name>.exe: hi bro, i have been trying to host a discord bot of my own. i have made a executable file of the python script in taskscheduler i just set a simple task with trigger as 'at startup' and action as 'execute a program; <file path>'. the file executes perfectly fine when i...
  7. Error 0xc000007b when executing an .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc000007b when executing an .exe file: I am trying to run an .exe file but it comes up with that error. When I first got it, it wanted me to install MSVCP140D.dll, vcruntime140d.dll, and ucrtbased.dll, so I downloaded them off dll-files and put them in system32 and syswow64, also I installed Windows SDK. Now it is...
  8. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. Exes stop executing after a while

Exes stop executing after a while: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 11S, and my OS is Windows 10. After using it for some time, suddenly all the executables (exes) stop working. Even the windows commands like reboot, task manager etc. don't start at all. The Windows menu continues to function, but on clicking the...
  10. No exe can be executed

No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...