Windows 10: Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?

Discus and support Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i would like to know a way to definitely resolve this problem as it is really frustrating. I get this error whenever i try to launch a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnZeraf, Apr 27, 2020.

1. AnZeraf Win User

Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?

Hello,

i would like to know a way to definitely resolve this problem as it is really frustrating. I get this error whenever i try to launch a game since almost 1 month. I tried every solution i saw on online forums and sometime they worked only for one gaming session or maybe a couple of days, after which the error came back. I keep every single driver constantly updated. Just a couple days ago i downloaded an optional windows update because of the error, thinking that it could fix it somehow. Incredibly after the download and reboot of my laptop i was again able to launch games. It lasted a couple of days, after which it came back. Today i am not able to play again. I really don't understand how to get rid of this. There was one time where i was able to get rid of it for that day only by downloading a driver for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology, and it was literally the only thing that changed before and after the error. So here i am, after i tried everything i am really hoping you can help me somehow.

Thanks for the help!

Here are the specs of my laptop:

Model: Dell Vostro 3578

Ram: 8 gb

CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz[Cores 4] [Logical/Core 2]

Disk C: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 1TB

Graphic Cards: IntelR UHD Graphics 620 / Radeon TM 520

DirectX version: DirectX 12

BIOS: 1.10.0

:)

AnZeraf, Apr 27, 2020

2. Failed to create D3D Device

Hello Pedro,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue also happen to other games or application?

Upon researching, some users had suggested that configuring the launch options fixed the issue:

1. Go to Steam's Library.
    2. Right-click on the affected game.
    3. Go to Properties > General > Set launch options...
    4. Type in "-dxlevel 90" or "-dxlevel81"
    5. Click OK.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 23, 2020
  3. Some steam games fail to launch on Windows 10

Hi Ponyatno,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the completer error message do you received?
    • What exactly happen you try to launch Dota 2 using steam account?
    For now let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to disable and enable the graphic driver.

If the issue still persist, I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control panel.

• Click on Program and features, locate for the game, right click on it and uninstall it.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 23, 2020
  4. Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?

Windows 10 "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed."

Hi Mike,

In order for us to find out what causes your game installation to fail and get error message "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed", we would like to gather more information:

• What is the name of the game?
    • Did you get it from Windows Store?
    • Have you checked if the game is compatible to Windows 10?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it?

1. Error "Failed to create D3D9 device" whenever i launch a game. How to resolve it? - Similar Threads - Error Failed create

2. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  3. whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever i try to launch a game i face this issue: this is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-launch-a-game-i-face-this-issue/b46cc5e5-02d8-4bce-84a2-ab1c5d5f6405
  4. Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.: Whenever I launch a game of Fortnite I get an error message that reads that says "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image Fortnite : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  5. Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.

Whenever I try to launch a game of FortniteI get an error.: Whenever I launch a game of Fortnite I get an error message that reads that says "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image Fortnite : FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Bad Image is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  6. Getting this error whenever launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error whenever launching a game: So i tried booting up valorant and its keep crashing during bootup and i checked the reliability history and i keep getting this error whenever i launch valorant. I tried doing the various fixes for bad module info error but it still didnt...
  7. Getting this error whenever launching a game

Getting this error whenever launching a game: So i tried booting up valorant and its keep crashing during bootup and i checked the reliability history and i keep getting this error whenever i launch valorant. I tried doing the various fixes for bad module info error but it still didnt...
  8. How to resolve WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80073cfc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80073cfc: Have been running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS downloaded from the Microsoft store on a virtual machine on my Windows 11 PC. However, for some reason, this error just came into existence today when I started the terminal. The terminal shows the following text:Installing, this may take a...
  9. How to resolve WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80073cfc

How to resolve WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80073cfc: Have been running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS downloaded from the Microsoft store on a virtual machine on my Windows 11 PC. However, for some reason, this error just came into existence today when I started the terminal. The terminal shows the following text:Installing, this may take a...
  10. Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to create the D3D9 device, This can happen if the desktop is locked: [ATTACH] The more advanced games are pretty sensitive to the resolution of the screen, moreover if we are playing them through an external game launcher like Steam. I have seen conflicts with the screen resolution blacking out the screen totally or [...] This post Failed to...