Windows 10: Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX

Discus and support Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I had Microsoft Flight Simulator X deluxe installed on my computer and the drive it was on died I have tried a to reinstall it on a new drive but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pyorkie, Feb 26, 2019.

1. pyorkie Win User

Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX

Hi

I had Microsoft Flight Simulator X deluxe installed on my computer and the drive it was on died I have tried a to reinstall it on a new drive but get the above error. What happens is that is comes up with a window asking if I want to repair or uninstall have tried both same thing.

I have removed all references for the registry .... tried to remove it from the add/remove programs, reinstalled the windows installer service. I am at a lost ... any ideas?

All any any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance

pyorkie

:)

pyorkie, Feb 26, 2019

2. Error Number: 0x80040702, failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

I tried the suggested solution provided by microsoft, but it doesnt work.

link:

Error message when you try to install a Microsoft Games for Windows game: "Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;968365&sd=rss&spid=7027

I suspect if it is due to incomplete uninstall of the FSX. It is because i hoped to reinstall my FSX due to its error, yet I simply delete the file under FSX folder.

When i tried to install again it pop up the error message about gameuxinstallhelper.dll

I am running Windows 10, so MS fix does not work for me

Please HELP!

Morris_fsx, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Error Number: 0x80040702, failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

I forgot a step. This is what I did.

The last time I tried to install FSX, and getting the dreaded

"Unhandled Exception

Error Number:0x80040702

Description: Failed to load DLL: GameuxinstallHelper

Setup will now terminate.",

Out of frustration, I looked into Disc #2 and found the 'MSXML.MSI'. I clicked it and it ran the 'MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and Setup Wizard" (whatever that is)

Then, I looked in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and found the "GameuxinstallHelper.dll"

I had then copied, CTRL+INSERT, the DLL.

Then went to the "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" and pasted that DLL to that location of which it was missing.

I then ran the installer once again and this time FSX loaded completely, without any issues so far.

I don't know what exactly was changed or why but, it seems to have fixed this issue.

Thanks to all that have helped.

RickHworth, Feb 26, 2019
  4. TQ0
    tq0 Win User

Error Number: 0x80040702, failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

I have the same problem while trying to install MS Flight Simulator Gold Edition on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

The first time I was installing FSX I think there were some Windows updates going on since the computer suddenly restarted during the installation (without a prior notification!). After the reboot I tried installing again and got:

Unhandled Exception

Error Number: 0x80040702

Description: Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper

Setup will now terminate.

I have tried installing the game several times and it is always the same.

I have tried deleting registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games, but it does not exist
    in the registry.

I have looked for gameuxinstallhelper.dll at Windows\System32 and at Windows\SysWOW64, but it
    does not exist.

I have also run sfc/scannow
    that reported: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations, rebooted and tried installing again (without success due to the same error).

I have even tried renaming C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information and installing FSX as suggested by: http://chrisglobe.co.uk/gameuxinstallerhelper-dll-error-when-re-installing-fsx/, which
    also did not help.

Are there any other options I can try?

Thema:

1. Error Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper when loading FSX - Similar Threads - Error Failed load

2. Windows 11 dll failed to load java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dll failed to load java: Hi Team,I am trying to install Blueyonder WMS application on Windows 11 with java 11 and I get error windows 11 dll failed to load java and not able to install on my machine. On urgent production issue I could not able to provide support because of this application not being...
  3. Windows 11 dll failed to load java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dll failed to load java: Hi Team,I am trying to install Blueyonder WMS application on Windows 11 with java 11 and I get error windows 11 dll failed to load java and not able to install on my machine. On urgent production issue I could not able to provide support because of this application not being...
  4. Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil: Hi, While installing Solidcam 2020 program, at first I got an error like "Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil Setup will now terminate". In my subsequent attempts, it did not give any errors or warnings, but the installation screen did not appear. When I...
  5. Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil: Hi, While installing Solidcam 2020 program, at first I got an error like "Error Number:0x80040702 failed to load dll setuputil Setup will now terminate". In my subsequent attempts, it did not give any errors or warnings, but the installation screen did not appear. When I...
  6. An attempt to delay load a .dll or get a function address in a delay-loaded .dll file failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    An attempt to delay load a .dll or get a function address in a delay-loaded .dll file failed: Hi, I am trying to download a document & the following message is now being displayed: "An attempt to delay load a .dll or get a function address in a delay-loaded .dll file failed" I've never had an issue before until today, any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Steam dll failed to load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steam dll failed to load: Hi, I have a problem with Steam that says after "extracting package" fatal error, failed to steamui.dll. I have tried many solutions, like updating all my drivers, system restoring, all commands for command prompt admin, deleting other files, contacting steam, restarting my...
  8. Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to load DLL file on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On Windows startup if your system cannot or is unable to load a required dll file and you see a message – Failed to load DLL, then this post will help you. The error message could be: The dynamic library [...] This post Failed to load DLL file on Windows...
  9. Problem with loading FSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with loading FSX: Just got my brand new Alienware X51 and I'm having trouble loading FSX. I keep getting hung up at the point where it's "removing Apps". It will not progress beyond that point. Got any recommendations on loading on this machine? MYBeachBum...
  10. Failed to load resource DLL?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load resource DLL?: What does "Failed to load resource DLL" mean? Why is my PC doing this? [img] 64899

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80040702 fsx error

2. unhandled exception gameuxinstallerhelp

3. fsx failed to load dll gameuxinstallhelper install

4. failed to load dll: gameusinstallhelper fsx,
  5. unhandled exception errpr number 0x80040702,
  6. installing fsx hangs on gameuxinstallhelper,
  7. does gameuxlinstallehelper reside in microsoft fsx folder,
  8. gameuxinstallhelper dll error windows 10,
  9. error code gameuxinstallerhelper.dll