Windows 10: Error/ Failure Message

Discus and support Error/ Failure Message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting this failure message every time, and I do not know what application causes it: format '%s' invalid or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatronS, Nov 17, 2018.

1. PatronS Win User

Error/ Failure Message

I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting this failure message every time, and I do not know what application causes it: format '%s' invalid or incompatible with argument

Please help me on how I can solve this problem.

:)

PatronS, Nov 17, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Nov 17, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Error/ Failure Message

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Error/ Failure Message

1. Error/ Failure Message - Similar Threads - Error Failure Message

2. Error Message: Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: Driver Power State Failure: Driver Power State FailureI am facing a blue screen error for the last 4 days. The error only occurs when I open adobe software, especially Photoshop. When I open photoshop, it hangs for a while around 1 minute the blue screen appears, and the laptop restarts. Please help me...
  3. Error Message: Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message: Driver Power State Failure: Driver Power State FailureI am facing a blue screen error for the last 4 days. The error only occurs when I open adobe software, especially Photoshop. When I open photoshop, it hangs for a while around 1 minute the blue screen appears, and the laptop restarts. Please help me...
  4. Error Message: Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5: Hello, I'm trying to find out how to help my sister -- very recently when she tried to backup her computer (to portable drive 1) and backup her files (to portable drive 2) she got an error message -- 0x807800C5. I looked at the information on the Microsoft site about this...
  6. error message pa failure

error message pa failure: keep getting error on windows 10 dpc watchdog violation anyone know how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-pa-failure/4c7da99c-255e-4180-b803-2649657724c0
  7. error message video tdr failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error message video tdr failure: I am getting error message Video TDR Failure. Computer turns off automatically and restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-video-tdr-failure/17d49ea4-cd93-4afe-855d-ab72bc901570
  8. Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...

Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...: There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup location in Windows 10 backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-in-windows-10-there-was-a-failure-in/fab4b482-ffbc-4378-a82f-bf21e76db64c
  9. SSD failure message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD failure message: Greetings and salutations. Well, while I was moving a sub-directory into another sub-directory, by using FastStone image viewer, there was this error message, remembering one part of this little window/message that scared me like a poisonous spider: "SSD failure". What...
  10. Reboot error message "kernel security check failure"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot error message "kernel security check failure": Please help. When my Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop was rebooted I got the above error. This laptop was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 about a month ago. I don't know if this is related or not but two days prior to this error today, the battery would be plugged in and not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot failure error msgs