Windows 10: Error "Faulting Application Path"

Discus and support Error "Faulting Application Path" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my games keep crashing on the loading screen. I tried reinstalling it but it still crashed. I tried it using compatibility mode (It's a 13 year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Skyline GT-R, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Error "Faulting Application Path"

One of my games keep crashing on the loading screen. I tried reinstalling it but it still crashed. I tried it using compatibility mode (It's a 13 year old game). I tried using the system file checker but it didn't do anything, just gave me a message saying:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.17763.771

Image Version: 10.0.17763.864.

The error message says:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Disney-Pixar\Cars\Cars.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Cars.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 446e3753

Fault Module Name: Cars.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 446e3753

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0028250a

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 9b68

Additional Information 2: 9b68eefe042a009766ff8d81fdb8a43d

Additional Information 3: 37f4

Additional Information 4: 37f439cb2e8ab35fb47b1eaf5cb7eb60

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: b0cfdac7f2e923db6fdf0d39466c0827 (530221124)

:)

Skyline GT-R, Dec 7, 2019
  2. allenrca Win User

Faulting Application Path

Application Name: svchost.exe_stisvc

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Still having error code. I have Mcafee Total Protection that has web advisors and multiple firewalls. Turned off firewall on Window Defender and ended Windows Defender Notification to no avail. And now as the last resort turned off windows security centre
    and auto periodic scanning of windows defender, keeping only mcafee on now.

allenrca, Dec 7, 2019
  3. allenrca Win User
    Faulting Application Path

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am using Mcafee Total Protection. Correct me if I am wrong, Windows Defender only protects you if you are using their website Microsoft Edge but not when you are using Yahoo and Google Chrome sites.

No multi firewalls like Mcafee. I can not turn off Mcafee with better security features. What shall I do? For now I ended task of Windows Defender Notification under task manager and see what happens. Do you any other suggestion to correct this faulting
    application path? Which service do we disable? Standing by, and ManyThanks for your prompt reply.

allenrca, Dec 7, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Error "Faulting Application Path"

Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c

Hi Bushido,

Welcome to the 10forums Error "Faulting Application Path" :)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Attachment 97639

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

There seem to be a lot of app crashes from Realtek audio, I would suggest a reinstallation of the drivers.
    Code:
    Code:
    21-Aug-16 3:01 AM    Application Error    Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.494, time stamp: 0x5775e78b Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x000bdae8 Faulting process id: 0x17fc Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fb583f288932 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c3783804-5bbb-48bb-81c6-7c5a80871493 Faulting package full name:  Faulting package-relative application ID:

axe0, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Error "Faulting Application Path"

1. Error "Faulting Application Path" - Similar Threads - Error Faulting Application

2. Faulting Application Path

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faulting Application Path: I'm having all my games and apps randomly crash with an error by the description "Faulting Application Path". I've tried resetting my PC and reinstalling windows but it's not fixed. I also tried some fixes that I saw on youtube but nothing works. Please help me this issue is...
  3. Faulting Application Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting Application Path: I'm having all my games and apps randomly crash with an error by the description "Faulting Application Path". I've tried resetting my PC and reinstalling windows but it's not fixed. I also tried some fixes that I saw on youtube but nothing works. Please help me this issue is...
  4. Faulting Application Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Faulting Application Path when launching Forza 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Faulting Application Path when launching Forza 5: Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261026dFaulting module name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261026dException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000125f5f1Faulting process id: 0x4f2cFaulting application...
  6. Multiple faulting application path errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple faulting application path errors: hello, I have had multiple games give me a faulting application path error that results in an app crash that sends me straight to my homescreen. I have done 2 full system resets one with and one without saving my information for the future. I have deleted Norton in favor of...
  7. Multiple faulting application path errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple faulting application path errors: hello, I have had multiple games give me a faulting application path error that results in an app crash that sends me straight to my homescreen. I have done 2 full system resets one with and one without saving my information for the future. I have deleted Norton in favor of...
  8. Multiple faulting application path errors

9. Faulting Application Path:

Faulting Application Path:: i need help cuz there is also standing: View a temporary copy of these files Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer. i am rlly scared now for a virus or something please help me! Faulting...
  10. Repeated crashes and faulting application paths

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes and faulting application paths: I started having issues with repeated BSOD and reboots two weeks ago. I have a Dell inspiron 7506 working on windows 10, went through dell support and was told it's a software issue which they won't help diagnose for free. I went through windows fresh start and reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps crashing description faulting application path: c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe