Windows 10: Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.

Discus and support Error - File not found. Check filename and try again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When saving to a new filename I get the error 'File not found. Check filename and try again.' What is going on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianFisher4882, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.

When saving to a new filename I get the error 'File not found. Check filename and try again.'

What is going on?

:)

BrianFisher4882, Mar 14, 2019
  2. JeffCL Win User

Searching for a string within a filename in File Explorer

I want to search a folder for filenames that contain the word "Committee". When in File Explorer, I type "Committee" into the Search field and hit enter. It finds (highlights in yellow) files that start with "Committee" but not the ones where "Committee"
    is embedded in the file name. For example:

• "Committee-Mission-Roles-and-Responsibilities" = finds it and highlights "Committee" in yellow
    • "19510701ListClubCommitteesReportDirectorsBW" = Lists this file but does not highlight "Committee" in yellow
    • "20150526MinutesBoard" = Lists this file because the word "Committee" is in the text of the file.
    Is there a way to do a search that lists only filenames that contain the word "Committee"? I don't want files listed if the word "Committee" is not part of the filename.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

JeffCL, Mar 14, 2019
  3. MudPear Win User
    Filename Error

Hi there, I have tried to save document files and it gives me an error saying, "File not found. Check the filename and try again."

I install programs and I receive an error saying that the shortcut cannot be made as the filename does not exist.

This started a few days ago.

A couple of days ago, I had changed my account name to "B". But it seems my user name is something else, as it remained as "A".

So I changed my account name back to "A", but the above filename issue remains.

My computer has only 1 user, which is also the administrator.

So basically, how do I resolve this filename issue, as well as changing my pc account and user name without causing issues.

MudPear, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

For some reason, this only applies to Taskbar jump lists, but you need to 'Pin' the item to the list first.
    Everywhere else it works as expected.

Error - File not found. Check filename and try again. [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Error - File not found. Check filename and try again.

1. Error - File not found. Check filename and try again. - Similar Threads - Error File found

2. Check the path and try again. ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check the path and try again. ??: I have just recently gotten a new computer, I logged in through outlook and gmail with onedrive. My apps downloaded to my computer, however, when I clicked on them, they say check the path and try again. This is all the apps currently that say that....
  3. Check the path and try again. ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check the path and try again. ??: I have just recently gotten a new computer, I logged in through outlook and gmail with onedrive. My apps downloaded to my computer, however, when I clicked on them, they say check the path and try again. This is all the apps currently that say that....
  4. check the path and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check the path and then try again: When I try to open a shortcut on my pc it says “check the path and then try again” please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-the-path-and-then-try-again/cf13730a-e684-4eb7-9a1f-8d8b95f07caf
  5. check the path and then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    check the path and then try again: When I try to open a shortcut on my pc it says “check the path and then try again” please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-the-path-and-then-try-again/cf13730a-e684-4eb7-9a1f-8d8b95f07caf
  6. Try that again error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Try that again error: Try that again in Store error code 0x803F8001. I have Windows 10. I dont use Store that much but today I need to download an app but I have that error. Store troubleshooter didnt help and I have updated Windows 10. Help?...
  7. Filenames(again)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filenames(again): Hi, it's me again. This time, I've got a lot of Amiibo photos. File name sample: marshal-ec283b57ebaaa16a762177b29d8bb4f6e5d89fe0590dbbaf4269 I would like to remove the random string INCLUDING the hiven after marshal Then capatalizing the M. submitted by /u/kolbyng...
  8. Error: File not found. Check the filename and try again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: File not found. Check the filename and try again.: Hello, I got this error for the first time some hours ago while trying to open a pdf file. As soon as I do something like this pops up Sorry my computer is in Spanish: [ATTACH] However I have checked that it also occurs trying to open some other programs like Steam...
  9. File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    File not found. Check the file name and try again. Win 10 Version 1903: I don't know if this is the Version I am running" and Repair Solution Forums Seem to be a lot out of Syc these Days?? I have tried a Video on You Tube and Googled 3 Other Suggestions and they are all May 2018? so this is as far as I can get*Huh Windows logo Start button >...
  10. Check the pin and try again.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Check the pin and try again.: One day my bluetooth keyboard has disconnected. I tried connecting it again and this showed up. I know it's not my keyboard because my wii didn't connect either. Anyone know a solution? https://i.gyazo.com/3e085bdaff3dbc9c...68cf2b36d6.png 82664