Windows 10: Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.

Discus and support Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep getting this error every time I try to update my pc and I have no idea why. Any help appreciated. submitted by /u/Yesdadiva [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yesdadiva, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.

I keep getting this error every time I try to update my pc and I have no idea why. Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/Yesdadiva
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yesdadiva, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 14, 2020
  3. marius-O Win User
    Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes"

I've got the same issue and following on @Arthur's suggestion, I had a look at my user SIDs in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and some of them belonged to users that no longer existed in the system (I had previously removed them).

I've removed the dummy entries (luckily there were only a couple) and the update worked.

PLEASE save yourself some trouble and backup the registry before trying that.

marius-O, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.

Windows cant complete the update and then it undoes all the changes

I have been trying to update for several days now but the message is always the same saying Windows cant complete the update and then it undoes all the changes. So how do you fix that? it takes forever for my computer to run the protocol associated with
    this problem. Very Annoying! Any suggestion you have to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Is there a fix for this coming?

messenger61, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes.

1. Error fix?: We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes. - Similar Threads - Error fix couldn’t

2. New fixes for We couldn't complete the update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New fixes for We couldn't complete the update undoing changes: Since last month's cumulative update, I've been facing this issue after restarting my windows to install updates. I've tried everything i could find and still encountered "We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer" after restarting. and...
  3. We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer.: I wanted to share something that worked for me. YMMV. And just so it's said, I'm NO PC tech or software tech. Standard disclaimers apply.I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, GPT hard drives. 1.4gb free drive space. 32gb memory. It has been over a month and I have run through...
  4. We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer.: I have tried EVERYTHING, DISM -RestorehealthDONESFC /SCANNOWDONEDelete SoftwareDistributionDONEUpdate TroubleshooterDONEIve also reinstalled windows with no fix, I think my files are corrupted PLEASE HELP...
  5. We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Windows Update 20H2 KB5005033

We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes. Windows Update 20H2 KB5005033: Hello I am struggling to try install Windows Update KB5005033The update always stopped at 98% and the 'We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes' appears.I have tried anything on the internet to fix this, but nothing workI have read that the update can't be installed...
  6. Everytime I try to update, it says “We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing Changes”

Everytime I try to update, it says “We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing Changes”: I tried to update over and over again but I get the same message. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-try-to-update-it-says-we-couldnt/8dc88b2e-d4a0-451d-804e-a2f05cfe3153
  7. We couldn’t complete updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We couldn’t complete updates: Hello Reddit! Sorry if this is something really obvious but I keep trying to install updates on my windows 10 pc and it never works. It just ends up saying “we couldn’t complete updates, reverting changes”. Any suggestions? I hope it’s an easy fix as I use my desktop for...
  8. “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...

“We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...: After updating my Lenovo ideapad 320 Windows 10, I got for the first time the "we couldn't complete the updates" message, and cannot get out of that screen. With that said, I've tried almost every solution I've found online like troubleshooting but none of them work, and the...
  9. Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes: This issue started specifically with KB4566782 (error code 0x800f0922), but I uninstalled the previous couple of updates and then tried to reinstall them (incase they had been installed incorrectly before), but now I’m getting the same error even trying to reinstall those...
  10. We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.

We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.: I’ve already tried resetting my windows. In windows update settings there is error showing: ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’. PC info: OS Build 17763.316 Version: 1809 After resetting windows, windows updates which I can see in control...