Windows 10: Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

Discus and support Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddB_2007, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now KB4524152 appears to have caused the same issue again.

First error "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working"

Second error " Printer settings user interface has stopped working"

***Modified title from: Win10 Ent 2016 LTSB v1607***

:)

ToddB_2007, Oct 8, 2019
  2. eva.c1 Win User

Function discovery print provider dll has stopped working - Windows 10

I am trying to install my wireless printer HP7640 on my Dell Inspiron 13 i7359 laptop which is running Windows 10. My printer was previously connected to my old Gateway laptop running Windows 7 with no issues. Now when I try to print, I get the error
    message "Function discovery print provider has stopped working." My printer status shows as ready to print. I updated the printer driver from HP's website and repaired the registry. I deleted the printer and reinstalled it. I ran the troubleshooting command
    to automatically apply repairs to my printer as suggested in other similar responses to no avail. I don't want to go back to Windows 7! Do you have any other recommendations?

eva.c1, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Function Discovery Printer Port DLL not working

Function Discovery Printer Port DLL not working

every time I want to print I get this error message, never used to happen, printer is Epsom Stylus DX4450 and connected by USB port. Using laptop with windows 10 has anyone got any solutions, Thank you.

margretcollins_652, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

Getting error message "FUNCTION DISCOVERY PRINT PROVIDER DII HAS STOPPED WORKING"

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Changing the environment variables may help in getting the issue fixed.

Please check the suggestions by OctavioVela from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

Error code "Function Discovery Printer Port DLL" not working

Note: This also applies to Windows 10. In the step 2 from the link above instead of right clicking on Mycomputer icon just right click on Computer

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after...

1. Error: Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping working while printing after... - Similar Threads - Error Function Discovery

2. finger print not function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print not function: hi everyonedoes anyone experiences the fingerprint is not functioning and state that the function is unavailable. I have to keep in my password if I want to enter the window..pls help...
  3. Function Discovery Provider Host MS serice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host MS serice: My PC Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID 74DC40EA-E2BC-41E2-8CBB-B90923DF7FDB Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA530 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen support...
  4. Print Screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen stopped working: I have an ASUS laptop Q427FL, the equivalent of a Zen Flip 14". Specs no longer listed online. But I don't think it is the computer hardware. Forever I've been able to print screen with the keyboard button. Just "Prt Sc", no windows key, nothing. It worked last on 2 March....
  5. Function Discovery Provider Host Stops running

Function Discovery Provider Host Stops running: Function Discovery Provider HostFunction Discovery Resource Publication Both or one not really sure seem to stop working after a period of time, requiring me to Manually Restart them This happen on two of my computer that run 24 - 7 I'm working with 5 computer network MS...
  6. Wireless printing has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printing has stopped working: Printing wirelessly from Acer laptop to HP ENVY 5546 printer via TalkTalk modem - has been working fine but has now stopped working, after latest Win 10 update. It will print fine with a USB cable. Other laptops in the house, and my mobile phone, can still print wirelessly....
  7. error message on print function

error message on print function: I cannot print to Canon MX 220, Windows 10, updated recently. No explanation as to cause of the error. Multifunction printer, scanner doesn't work either. Troubleshooter can't identify problem. Will not print anything, documents, test pages... I have tried reloading...
  8. print screen function not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    print screen function not working: Dear Sir/Mdm: My print screen key isn't working. Can you give me a solution? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-function-not-working/2f67a582-8bf1-4d63-96e7-8c650d63d088
  9. Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops

Function Discovery Provider Host randomly stops: I have set up the 4 primary network related services as "Automatic - delayed start" on my local systems to get them networked properly. These services are (1) "Function Discovery Provider Host", (2) "Function Discovery Resource Publication", (3) "SSDP Discovery", and (4)...
  10. Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s

Further to Previous Thread re "Function Discovery Print Provider Dll s: I have a Printer Epson Stylus S20 been standing for several years, as a printer it has a use for my son's laptop. to print his Repetitive lists, being severely autistic. A scanner would treble the quantity all the same, as a work of art, that would have mostly to be burnt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. function discovery print provider dll has stopped working windows 7

2. function discovery print provider dll error