Windows 10: Error: Hyper-V

Discus and support Error: Hyper-V in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel John, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Error: Hyper-V

A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: Error: Hyper-V cb9d0893-44ab-4678-9646-e967db757d3f?upload=true.png

:)

Daniel John, Dec 6, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Error: Hyper-V

JuanMoreno25, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Error: Hyper-V

1. Error: Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Error Hyper

2. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  3. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  4. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  5. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  6. Hyper-V Fails to create new Snapshots: Error: The process cannot access the file because it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Fails to create new Snapshots: Error: The process cannot access the file because it...: Hello,We have been trying to troubleshoot this issue over the past year. We have Veeam that we are using to create automatic backups of our hyper-v vms. We'll get everything working snapshots are working and veeam job triggers a successful backup mutltiple times. After a...
  7. Hyper-V Fails to create new Snapshots: Error: The process cannot access the file because it...

Hyper-V Fails to create new Snapshots: Error: The process cannot access the file because it...: Hello,We have been trying to troubleshoot this issue over the past year. We have Veeam that we are using to create automatic backups of our hyper-v vms. We'll get everything working snapshots are working and veeam job triggers a successful backup mutltiple times. After a...
  8. Error with trying to run linux on Microsoft Surface Pro X using Hyper-V on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with trying to run linux on Microsoft Surface Pro X using Hyper-V on Windows 11: Hi,I am trying to download linux on my Microsoft Surface Pro X SQ2. I was following this guide: https://www.nakivo.com/blog/run-linux-hyper-v/b Some options were suggestions and not required in the guide and I wasn't able to change them anyway. When I try doing connect, and...
  9. Error with trying to run linux on Microsoft Surface Pro X using Hyper-V on Windows 11

Error with trying to run linux on Microsoft Surface Pro X using Hyper-V on Windows 11: Hi,I am trying to download linux on my Microsoft Surface Pro X SQ2. I was following this guide: https://www.nakivo.com/blog/run-linux-hyper-v/b Some options were suggestions and not required in the guide and I wasn't able to change them anyway. When I try doing connect, and...
  10. Error connecting Hyper-V windows 11 VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error connecting Hyper-V windows 11 VM: I have been using Windows 11 Hyper-V VM in windows 11 local host and I have been getting the below error message once in a while in my Hyper-V system. I would like to know the fix for the error message - "Cannot connect to the virtual machine. Try to connect again. If the...