Windows 10: Error ID 10016

Discus and support Error ID 10016 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys and girls, So i got this error 10016 and found a lot of the same fixes for this error. I can do all the edits and stuff except for the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brokroki, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Brokroki Win User

Error ID 10016

Hi guys and girls,

So i got this error 10016 and found a lot of the same fixes for this error.
    I can do all the edits and stuff except for the last one:

Component services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Configuration.
    Everything is fine so far.
    PerAppRuntimeBroker ( This is the one that needs the fix ) -> Properties -> Security -> Launch and Activation Permissions -> Edit.

Now i am supposed to click the "Add" button etc but the "Add" button is greyed out and i can't seem to find any fix for this.

Anyone knows how to deal with this problem? I'm so close to fixing it but just can't click the add button.

Greetings.

:)

Brokroki, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Error ID 10016 :)

Eagle51, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Clint Win User
    Event ID 10016

I changed it to Administrators and gave it full control in Reg. Then re-booted. When I go to DECOM config, It's all grayed out. I tried login as administrator and same thing. Any Ideas?

Clint, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Error ID 10016

event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Error ID 10016

1. Error ID 10016 - Similar Threads - Error 10016

2. hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000: hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000 and is constantly happens and hard to play games or do anything please help...
  3. hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000: hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000 and is constantly happens and hard to play games or do anything please help...
  4. hi im back again, it shut down itself again with error code 10016 and 7000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hi i keep getting error code 10016 and 7000 AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 and pc keeps shutting...

Hi i keep getting error code 10016 and 7000 AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 and pc keeps shutting...: My pc keep shutting down please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-keep-getting-error-code-10016-and-7000/1f686191-1643-40a6-81ed-d9932c945008
  6. Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM: I have almost the same error as:Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM - Microsoft Community But this solution did NOT solve my problem. So I'm creating this thread. The error happens everytime i press a key button when a game is open. If I open a game and leave it idle,...
  7. Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM

Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM: I have almost the same error as:Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM - Microsoft Community But this solution did NOT solve my problem. So I'm creating this thread. The error happens everytime i press a key button when a game is open. If I open a game and leave it idle,...
  8. Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM

9. Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016: Hi all, Ive been running into persistent game crashes on my new PC. Ive tried following tutorials to change dcom permissions etc, ive used DDU to wipe and reinstall graphics drivers. Ive even turned off dcom in the settings. I keep thinking the problem might be fixed but then...
  10. Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016

Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016: Hi all, Ive been running into persistent game crashes on my new PC. Ive tried following tutorials to change dcom permissions etc, ive used DDU to wipe and reinstall graphics drivers. Ive even turned off dcom in the settings. I keep thinking the problem might be fixed but then...