Windows 10: Error in changing language

Discus and support Error in changing language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have changed the windows display language to English {UK} from Spanish. But some functions still appear in Spanish. Eg. some icon names like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vishmitha, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Vishmitha Win User

Error in changing language

Hi, I have changed the windows display language to English {UK} from Spanish. But some functions still appear in Spanish. Eg. some icon names like the control panel, recycle bin, they are all in spanish. Some dialog boxes appear in Spanish. Here is what I have done so far 1. changed display language. 2. Changed system locale to UK. 3. When all things failed I re setup windows by running the OOBE

:)

Vishmitha, Jul 10, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Error in changing language

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Error in changing language

1. Error in changing language - Similar Threads - Error changing language

2. language change error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language change error: Why cannot i enable vietnamese as Window display language, pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-change-error/4b3038d7-0eef-4a74-9ea4-581b4ad4bcbb
  3. language change error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language change error: Why cannot i enable vietnamese as Window display language, pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-change-error/4b3038d7-0eef-4a74-9ea4-581b4ad4bcbb
  4. Changing Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language: I bought a new computer in italy, which has windows 10 home installed. When I started doing the setup the language was already set to Italian. I dont understand Italian super well and I cant seem to be able to change the language to English properly. I installed the language...
  5. Changing language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing language: Is there a way to completely change my windows language? While the computer is on everything is in english, but when it's loading or updating everything is in polish for some reason. Is there a way to change it? submitted by /u/StrokyBoi [link] [comments]...
  6. change language

change language: first downloaded windows in Russian, and now I need everything to change to English. I downloaded the package and installed it, but it changed only superficially. For example, the name of the group has not changed. That applies only to types and it is not possible to change...
  7. changing language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing language: I bought a laptop from china and it has chinese windows 10 on it. The problem is I can't change its language to english cause of chinese windows 10. If I activate windows 10 pro OEM, could I change my laptop's language?...
  8. Change Language

Change Language: I have been trying to download Italian language and use it as a default language on my laptop, but the download seems frozen. It is working for more than 12 hours and nothing changed....
  9. change language

change language: In my facebook account, I am receiving comments in different languages, I have checked in settings to be certain that I have "English USA" as my preferred language. How does one change this?...
  10. language change

language change: How Can I remove "KIN" language from my task bar and language switching botton I need Thai ang English please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-change/89f4a5ac-084f-4e0b-93da-d182dc67fe24