Windows 10: Error in downloading games

Discus and support Error in downloading games in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past 2 days I have been trying to install games such as Fortnite and Apex Legends. I had to reinstall Fortnite because the files were corrupt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nick_471_, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Nick_471_ Win User

Error in downloading games

For the past 2 days I have been trying to install games such as Fortnite and Apex Legends. I had to reinstall Fortnite because the files were corrupt. Every time I try downloading these games it always ends up in a loop. The installation gets to 100%, goes back down then the download size gets bigger and bigger until an error pops up saying the installation is corrupt. I have been searching all over the internet looking for a solution but none of them work. I even did a full reset on my pc and got a new hard drive(since the old one was failing).

Here are my specs although I don't know if they are relevant to this problem.

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600

GPU - Radeon RX 580 Armor OC 8GB

Mobo - B450M Gaming Plus

RAM - Crossair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200mhz

SSD - Patriot Blaze ATA Device 120GB

HDD - DENRSTE251M45 200GB

PSU - EVGA 600w

OS - Windows 10

:)

Nick_471_, Feb 20, 2019

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Can't download games

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the game Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to Download the Games?
    • Are you downloading the games from Windows store?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Store Error when downloading - Code: 0x803FB107

Hi,

Error code 0x803FB107 may occur for the following reasons:

• Network interruption while downloading the game.
    • Not enough space on the device for the game.
    • The device doesn't meet game requirements.

As you've done some troubleshooting steps, we suggest trying to follow the steps provided by Catherine Cus in this
    thread and see if it will work for you.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Error in downloading games - Similar Threads - Error downloading games

2. Game not downloading, Error Code: 0x80d02017

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game not downloading, Error Code: 0x80d02017: Hello.I have been attempting to update Ark: Survival Evolved for a few months now. On rare occasions the game does actually update, and no reason seems to be obvious as to why it does sometimes and not others. I am constantly checking updates for windows, drivers, etc. I have...
  3. Game not downloading, Error Code: 0x80d02017

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not downloading, Error Code: 0x80d02017: Hello.I have been attempting to update Ark: Survival Evolved for a few months now. On rare occasions the game does actually update, and no reason seems to be obvious as to why it does sometimes and not others. I am constantly checking updates for windows, drivers, etc. I have...
  4. 0x80073CF3 Error while downloading a game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0x80073CF3 Error while downloading a game: Hello, I've started a download and then I shutted down my PC, and when I want to download this game again, it crashes and say that error code. This only happen with this application. Dont know why, if I try to donwload another game, it works nice. Some help? Ive tried most of...
  5. Windows Store game downloads error

Windows Store game downloads error: Hi, I recently had bought a game via a third-party website for a key that was redeemed through the Windows Store redeem menu. After starting the game download I received an error message of imgur.com/a/x8EIh50, 0x80070422. Stopping and restarting the download didn't do...
  6. Error downloading game from Microsoft Store

Error downloading game from Microsoft Store: Hi, I purchased Flight Simulator 2020 when it came out and installed perfectly fine. When the latest update came out, I started to get an error when downloading the latest update in MS Store. After many times of trying and diagnosing I decided to do a clean install of the...
  7. Error 0x80242020 while trying to download a game

Error 0x80242020 while trying to download a game: So, I have the Game Pass Ultimate and tried to install Downwell who is in it but got this error. I searched, tried the "wsreset" in the Win + R menu to use those two commands: "PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" and "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage...
  8. error downloading a game halfway

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error downloading a game halfway: hello, I was downloading a game on Microsoft store when the pc was accidentally unplugged, and now the download just says error and won't continue where it left off. if anyone knows how can I solve this please tell me....
  9. error 0x80073CF3 when downloading game pass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x80073CF3 when downloading game pass games: when ever i try to install some games i get this error message how can i solve it. i've already tried resetting microsoft store but to no avail...
  10. Need help with error - game client download!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with error - game client download!!: Hey guys need some help, i was starting up a game on my msi laptop Ge72 Apache and cannot install. The computer prompts me with a message : installation package can not be opened, contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows explorer package...... please...