Windows 10: Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error

Discus and support Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My system takes a long time to start/reboot, hence, I have performed the following to fix the error in the file system :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error

Hi,

My system takes a long time to start/reboot, hence, I have performed the following to fix the error in the file system :

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

From the log file :
    2021-04-08 17:54:53, Info CBS Trusted Installer is shutting down because: SHUTDOWN_REASON_AUTOSTOP

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.1

Image Version: 10.0.19041.1

No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

[===========================70.1%======== ]
    Error: 2

The system cannot find the file specified.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    2021-04-08 08:47:29, Error DISM DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80070002
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

[========================= 43.2% ]
    Error: 2

The system cannot find the file specified.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Hence, I'd like to know what I should do.

Apart from that, I have neither installed any new software/hardware but all of a sudden STOP error occurs such as " Kernel in page error", "memory access violation" etc.

Any comment regarding how to fix the issue will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Apr 8, 2021

2. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Apr 8, 2021
  3. CDdude55 Win User
    System Error.

Rebooted the PC and there is no error.

CDdude55, Apr 8, 2021
  4. KieX Win User

Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error

1. Error in File System, takes long time to reboot. Stop error - Similar Threads - Error File System

2. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  3. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  4. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  5. Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repairing disk errors screen takes a long time: The Repairing disk errors screen says it will take over an hour to complete but it is taking longer than that. Could someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-disk-errors-screen-takes-a-long-time/e46a0653-58b9-40cb-9dd1-225802e11ba8
  6. Windows System Restore taking a long time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System Restore taking a long time?: It’s been around 6 hours give or take. I was downloading a program, which ended up launching into a computer restart. When I came back, all of my data (except programs) was wiped. I used the Windows System restore feature at a restore point right before i updated, and it took...
  7. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...
  8. Restarting system taking extremely long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarting system taking extremely long time: Hello forum. I purchased an all in one Desktop which is running windows 10 home. Because this was a display model, the salesperson told me I'd have to restart the system in order to delete all the stuff which had been installed while on display, various apps and software. So...
  9. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203
  10. Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.: My laptop has windows 10 enterprise 64bit build 1703 and it is on company domain and bitlocker encryption is enabled on SSD. Sometime but not all the time, laptop takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout. Did the sfc scan and found nothing. An interesting thing I...