Windows 10: Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

Discus and support Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 with the option that preserves my data. Now, Windows 11 is not able to find any files images and videos that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leonardo_103, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

I have upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 with the option that preserves my data. Now, Windows 11 is not able to find any files images and videos that I already had in Windows 10. I make sure that the file name is correct. I can assure that I have lost 100% of all my images and videos.I just tried to record the screen to show the error with OBS Studio, I get the same error I mentioned when I try to open the .mp4 file. When I open any image or video format file, I get the following box: Windows cannot find the file "C:\Users\Leo\Desktop\Periodic table.png". Make sure the name is spelled corre

:)

Leonardo_103, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

1. Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Error files upgrading

2. ene.sys error after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ene.sys error after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: I have seen that this error preventing a driver from loading is quite common. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enesys-error-after-upgrading-to-windows-11-22h2/32d75051-11e1-4d04-9e3c-0342bcc9cf70
  3. ene.sys error after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ene.sys error after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: I have seen that this error preventing a driver from loading is quite common. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enesys-error-after-upgrading-to-windows-11-22h2/32d75051-11e1-4d04-9e3c-0342bcc9cf70
  4. Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in files after upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11: I have upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 with the option that preserves my data. Now, Windows 11 is not able to find any files images and videos that I already had in Windows 10. I make sure that the file name is correct. I can assure that I have lost 100% of all my images...
  5. Windows 10 key after upgrade to 11

Windows 10 key after upgrade to 11: Hello.As far as I understand, I can use my retail key on a new computer after deactivating it on the previous one. After upgrading windows 10 to windows 11 for free, does my key become windows 11 key forever? If I use it on a new computer, will I be able to activate windows...
  6. Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors: I have been trying to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 home. I attempted to do so last week and got an error - error 0xc1900101-20017 I removed Bitdefender today and attempted to upgrade again, however it is no longer showing an option to upgrade to...
  7. Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors

Windows 11 not showing as an upgrade option after errors: I have been trying to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 home. I attempted to do so last week and got an error - error 0xc1900101-20017 I removed Bitdefender today and attempted to upgrade again, however it is no longer showing an option to upgrade to...
  8. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error - after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error - after upgrade windows 11: Hi,I upgraded my computer from win 10 to 11, but it occasionally breaks down after that due to KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I uploaded the files in minidump and hope someone can...
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error - after upgrade windows 11

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error - after upgrade windows 11: Hi,I upgraded my computer from win 10 to 11, but it occasionally breaks down after that due to KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I uploaded the files in minidump and hope someone can...
  10. No signal error after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal error after windows 10 upgrade: I have a laptop with a cracked screen, so I connect it to a tv via HDMI. It was running windows 10 and I had too much stuff installed on it so I did a factory reset. What this did is reset it to Windows 8 (or 8.1, not sure), the way my laptop came. I then updated it to...