Windows 10: Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

Discus and support Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HelloThere's a problem with my MCS Store, when i downloaded some apps from it, i clicked download, it still showed the install/get button. I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Zip daCola Nobo, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

HelloThere's a problem with my MCS Store, when i downloaded some apps from it, i clicked download, it still showed the install/get button. I have spammed that button for about 550 times but nothing happened, get/install button still appeared, maybe they are dead...Related to above problems, my parents have found the way to limit my activity on my computer. I CANNOT believe that Microsoft could create a thing like this Family thing. It's making my patience, calm and my character become worse, I cannot put up with it anymore, my anger comes out anytime the "Time's up" or "You'll need to ask to u

:)

Zip daCola Nobo, Mar 30, 2022
  2. Louie Del Win User

Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Mar 30, 2022
  3. PXMC Win User
    Removing Microsoft Family Account

I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove.

A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix.

"We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft Family Protection, we suggest that you disable the Family Safety feature using Command Prompt. To do so, Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If ymanually ou are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, enter these commands:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor" /Disable

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" /Disable

3. Restart your PC.

Unfortunately for me, this does not work.

I get an 'error access is denied', ERROR: Invalid syntax. '/Change' option is not allowed more than '1' time(s) and finally ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" does not exist in the system.

How do i solve this problem?

Thanks, Paul

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

4. Junaid_A Win User

Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

1. Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems - Similar Threads - Error Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Family Features Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features Problem: I try to open things from the Microsoft Store and an 'ask for permission' prompt comes up. When I press 'Ask by email' I get a message that says 'Something went wrong We’re working on it – try again in a little bit. Trace ID: Jjm/+LuKgUiFoOb7.23.1'. What do I do?...
  3. Microsoft Family Features Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Features Problem: I try to open things from the Microsoft Store and an 'ask for permission' prompt comes up. When I press 'Ask by email' I get a message that says 'Something went wrong We’re working on it – try again in a little bit. Trace ID: Jjm/+LuKgUiFoOb7.23.1'. What do I do?...
  4. Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems: HelloThere's a problem with my MCS Store, when i downloaded some apps from it, i clicked download, it still showed the install/get button. I have spammed that button for about 550 times but nothing happened, get/install button still appeared, maybe they are dead...Related to...
  5. Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Microsoft Store and Microsoft Family Problems: HelloThere's a problem with my MCS Store, when i downloaded some apps from it, i clicked download, it still showed the install/get button. I have spammed that button for about 550 times but nothing happened, get/install button still appeared, maybe they are dead...Related to...
  6. Microsoft Family error

Microsoft Family error: Hello, I´ve recently activated Microsoft Family to limit the amount of time my son passes with his computer. Everything went right until he discovered that if he goes to: https://account.microsoft.com/family/ he can just drop himself of the family and have not limit at...
  7. Microsoft family problem

Microsoft family problem: Whenever I add a family member to my Microsoft account every single time it keeps on saying its not you its us. Try again a bit later. I tried using Microsoft edge but no difference. I tried clearing cache and browsing history but the same results. At last I downfolded the...
  8. Microsoft Family error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Family error: here is the problem so i invited my another account to a family so i went on that account and i click join family this pops up or when i try send a invite this pops up i need help[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft family problem

Microsoft family problem: I have Microsoft Family with adult and child accounts. Recently I’ve decided to remove a child account from the family but I encountered an issue. The restriction appeared on the laptop with the Child account - it closes at the midnight every night. However I hadn’t set any...
  10. Microsoft family problem

Microsoft family problem: I remove one account from my account's family as a child, but it cause a problem to "Child" laptop. Now, the laptop account is having a restriction which close the account at 00:00 in every night?????? This child account hasn't have any time limits for usage...