Windows 10: error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization

Discus and support error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already, create an associated in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LONG1234, Feb 26, 2024.

1. LONG1234 Win User

error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization

this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already, create an associated in the default apps setting page

:)

LONG1234, Feb 26, 2024

2. ms-settings: display

I tried opening display settings by right clicking on the desktop and got an error message which says:

ms-settings: display

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if on is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

so I found out I can open anything except the settings app

I tried some ways I found through the internet like going through the regedit but It can't open it either.

Tried sfc/scannow too but it was not able to fix some of the corrupted files. which did make me find out that it has corrupted files.

I tried updating too but my laptop is not set on automatic update which you can only fix by going through the settings.

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions I could get.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RenzoVisperas, Feb 26, 2024
  3. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS (Microsoft Disk Operating System) was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of modern Windows versions. Although it's no longer the primary OS, legacy MS-DOS applications are still used, and this guide aims to assist users in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during their operation.

Table of Contents:

1. Understanding MS-DOS Applications:
      • Brief overview of MS-DOS applications and their significance.
      • Explanation of why certain errors may occur due to compatibility or environment factors.
    2. Common Error Messages:
      • Identification and explanation of frequently encountered error messages.
      • Possible causes behind each error message.
    3. Troubleshooting Steps:
      • A step-by-step approach to diagnose and resolve issues effectively.
    4. 1. Check Compatibility:
      • How to determine if an application is compatible with your current operating system.
      • Techniques for running legacy applications in compatibility mode.
    5. 2. Memory and System Resources:
      • Managing memory settings to ensure sufficient resources for the application.
      • Recommendations for adjusting memory allocation to prevent crashes.
    6. 3. Command Line Parameters:
      • Explanation of how to use command line parameters to customize application behavior.
      • Example command line options for specific applications.
    7. 4. Screen and Display Settings:
      • Adjusting screen resolution and other display settings for optimal application performance.
      • Handling issues related to screen flickering, text mode, and colors.
    8. 5. Keyboard and Mouse Configuration:
      • Techniques for resolving keyboard and mouse-related problems.
      • Configuring keyboard shortcuts and mouse behavior within the application.
    9. 6. File Associations and Handlers:
      • How to associate specific file types with MS-DOS applications.
      • Solving issues with opening files using the correct application.
    10. 7. Running Application as Administrator:
      • How to elevate privileges to run an application as an administrator.
      • Addressing permission-related errors and accessing system resources.
    11. 8. Backup and Restore:
      • The importance of backing up critical application data and settings.
      • Steps to restore a backup in case of data corruption or application failure.
    12. Additional Resources:
      • Links to online forums, communities, and resources for advanced troubleshooting.
      • Suggestions for seeking expert assistance when encountering complex issues.
    Conclusion: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter empowers users to tackle common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. By following the step-by-step instructions and best practices provided in this guide, users can efficiently diagnose and resolve issues, ensuring a smoother experience with legacy software. Whether it's tweaking settings, adjusting memory allocation, or using command line parameters, the troubleshooter equips users with the knowledge to overcome challenges and maximize the compatibility of MS-DOS applications on modern systems.

Try me out!

jayden Asar, Feb 26, 2024
  4. error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization

Display Settings/Personalize

I just finish installing my windows 10 and I'm trying to go to display settings/personalize my desktop by right clicking the main screen and got this message:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please Install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." ms-settingserror in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization :personalization-background & ms-settings:
    display.

What is going on here, could anybody help please? thanks

ChristopherNugroho, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization

1. error in ms-settings:display and ms-settings:personalization - Similar Threads - error settings display

2. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings display: Já tentei alguns procedimentos mas não consigo de jeito nenhum entrar nas configurações do computador cara, me ajudem por favor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-settings-display/179f7b3d-7f4c-4ebc-8355-a291153b53af
  3. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-settings display: Já tentei alguns procedimentos mas não consigo de jeito nenhum entrar nas configurações do computador cara, me ajudem por favor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-settings-display/179f7b3d-7f4c-4ebc-8355-a291153b53af
  4. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-settings error: Recently I cannot open my settings app for any reason. Even launching it seems impossible. I tried accessing it within the right-click personalize button but I received...I tried every method on the internet and its not working. I'm starting to panic.Any help will be...
  6. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-settings error: Recently I cannot open my settings app for any reason. Even launching it seems impossible. I tried accessing it within the right-click personalize button but I received...I tried every method on the internet and its not working. I'm starting to panic.Any help will be...
  7. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Settings not opening, ms-settings not working.

Settings not opening, ms-settings not working.: I have not installed any updates since last week and today suddenly the settings are not working. I have tried: sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth And it did nothing, Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en

ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en: Francais J ai un problème quand je fais clic doit sur mon bureau et j appuis sur paramètre d affichage sa ne s ouvre pas et sa met sa : [ATTACH] Je sais pas comment régler se problème car sa me gâche ma vie merci a celui ou celle qui m aidera English I have a...
  10. Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error: Welcome to Win10FAQ. In this guide, we will discuss this error message: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default...