Windows 10: Error in opening almost everything

Discus and support Error in opening almost everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community,Lately, once I try to open a photo on my laptop, I am getting an error message "The application cannot be started. Try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlaaMeshref, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Error in opening almost everything

Dear Microsoft Community,Lately, once I try to open a photo on my laptop, I am getting an error message "The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix this/ or Make sure you typed the name correctly" the error is attached below. Now the same error is happening for videos, but once I change the video to be played by another video player Window Media Player for example the video works. When I try to open the photo in the paint for example I get the same error. I was concerned and I was looking for any solution, and I found one using"Windows Power Shell" and when I

:)

AlaaMeshref, Aug 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Error in opening almost everything :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 12, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Error in opening almost everything

About 1080 and i7

When I open the link it says there is incompatibilty on some parts, is it an error ? But that sounds nice and even cheaper than what I thought (if it actually work) !

Merryginal, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Error in opening almost everything

1. Error in opening almost everything - Similar Threads - Error opening almost

2. computer crashes almost everything i open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashes almost everything i open: I was trying to just play some games and opened steam but it wouldnt open and even when it did i just instantly stopped responding and crashed, i opened task manager and the same thing happened to that and almost everything i open on my computer just instantly stops...
  3. computer crashes almost everything i open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer crashes almost everything i open: I was trying to just play some games and opened steam but it wouldnt open and even when it did i just instantly stopped responding and crashed, i opened task manager and the same thing happened to that and almost everything i open on my computer just instantly stops...
  4. computer crashes almost everything i open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  6. almost everything deleted after ubdate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    almost everything deleted after ubdate: Yesterday evening my PC did an automatic ubdate, which I have been putting off for a while. Ubdate KB4598242 and KB4598481 to be exact. When I started my PC this morning I noticed that some things were deleted. My files, my pictures, my documents and also some programs. I...
  7. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  8. Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.: Hello, First things first, I did mess something up ... I was really getting annoyed about svchosts internet usage, so I gave myself rights to edit and move the exe, BUT ONLY the exe. I then cut it out of the system32 folder and pasted it on my desktop. I continued to use my...
  9. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...
  10. Side-by-side errors on almost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Side-by-side errors on almost everything: Hi, I've been having occasional problem with date changes in Windows 10. It started happening right after some system updates. Usually the date would jump ahead by about ten days but the time would be okay. This mostly (maybe always) was right after waking up from...