Windows 10: Error: Incorrect Function

Discus and support Error: Incorrect Function in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been getting this error every time I open my laptop, I don't know how to fix it, so please, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ImmortalG1rl, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Error: Incorrect Function

I have been getting this error every time I open my laptop, I don't know how to fix it, so please, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!

:)

ImmortalG1rl, Jun 24, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Bootrec fix/mbr marked as incorrect function.

My laptop is missing the winload.efi file. I have gotten to CMD though, and am trying to use the bootrec fix/mbr command yet its marked as an incorrect function. I'm not very good with technology but I haven't been able to find anything regarding the command
    being listed as an incorrect function, most people had access denied.

Annette_0526, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Error: Incorrect Function

Incorrect mouse functioning.

I have no functioning mouse or keyboard. How can I correct this issue without any of the usb ports communicating with any device inserted? They are providing power but nothing is being installed like normal. windows 10 64 hp pavillion 1110 series. I have
    tried all the steps people have listed and none are correcting the issue.

Thanks

HELPITSBROKE77, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Error: Incorrect Function

1. Error: Incorrect Function - Similar Threads - Error Incorrect Function

2. UE4 Prerequisites Install Error - 0x80070001 Incorrect Function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UE4 Prerequisites Install Error - 0x80070001 Incorrect Function: Hi there,I'm trying to install a game on Steam and it repeatedly asks me to install Direct X even though I already have it installed and then opens an install window to install "UE4 Prerequisites". When I click install, it fails and gives me this error "0x80070001 Incorrect...
  3. UE4 Prerequisites Install Error - 0x80070001 Incorrect Function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UE4 Prerequisites Install Error - 0x80070001 Incorrect Function: Hi there,I'm trying to install a game on Steam and it repeatedly asks me to install Direct X even though I already have it installed and then opens an install window to install "UE4 Prerequisites". When I click install, it fails and gives me this error "0x80070001 Incorrect...
  4. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  5. utility.exe - incorrect function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    utility.exe - incorrect function: To clear the temp files I clicked on Clean Disk option from the C drives properties menu. And now this error is showing up when I start the PC even though the utility functions are working...
  6. utility.exe - incorrect function

utility.exe - incorrect function: To clear the temp files I clicked on Clean Disk option from the C drives properties menu. And now this error is showing up when I start the PC even though the utility functions are working...
  7. utility.exe - incorrect function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WDADesktopService.exe Incorrect function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDADesktopService.exe Incorrect function: Hello!Since a few days ago, every time I start my PC I receive this error and I find it really annoying. I tried going into File Explorer to where the program seems to be and thought of trying the Troubleshoot compatibility option, but I couldn't get in due to Security...
  9. Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys - Performing incorrect functions: Hello My function keys are not performing the functions that it is stated they are supposed to perform. For example, F1, F2, and F£ do not control the volume. Instead F9 increases volume, and F8 reduces volume. F11 which is apparently to control screen brightness is now...
  10. Incorrect mouse functioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect mouse functioning.: I am using Windows 10 Home and my mouse is a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570. Although the pointer is always visible, from time to time the trackball is unable to select a function using the left or right click. It can go for several days working correctly and then will...