Windows 10: Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.

Discus and support Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well, i just bought a new laptop, it came with directx 12, problem goes when i try to play any steam game, before launching any game it tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdolfoZambrano, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.

Well, i just bought a new laptop, it came with directx 12, problem goes when i try to play any steam game, before launching any game it tries to install directx but cant. i tried to solve it by myself with a manual installation, didnt work out in anyway. I tried updating all the drivers. Still the same problem, ive seen people playing with directx 12 on steam but its just like my version its just broken someway.

Help please, ive tried in all the ways, watched all the youtube tutorials and nothing. I cant play my favorite game cause of this, and i dont wanna lose my windows key by reinstalling the whole system but with directx11.

Thank you.

Adolfo.

:)

AdolfoZambrano, Jan 15, 2020

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.

Gaming Error DirectX

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

To assist you better please provide few details.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Does the error occurs only when trying to play this game?

The issue could be due to the oldest version of DirectX and outdated drivers.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type dxdiag, and then click OK.

3. On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.

4. On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.

5. When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.

If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall and Reinstall display drivers
    and check if it helps.

To uninstall display driver, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys and click device manager.

2. Click to expand display adapters, right click the adapter
    and click uninstall.

Now, you may download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website and check.

Please also refer the following wiki article created by Andre Da Costa.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game.

1. Error installing DirectX, Cant play my favorite game. - Similar Threads - Error installing DirectX

2. my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games: i tried with the independent directx installer as well as letting steam try and install it but both things have been unsuccesful,i have tried resseting the pc but it was to no avail, attached is the error message, any form of help would be appreciated.[01/17/24 17:28:04]...
  3. my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games: i tried with the independent directx installer as well as letting steam try and install it but both things have been unsuccesful,i have tried resseting the pc but it was to no avail, attached is the error message, any form of help would be appreciated.[01/17/24 17:28:04]...
  4. DirectX installation ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX installation ERROR: Hi there I try on both of my pcs to install new directx 12 but I constantly receive error on it , I have tried everything that you already posted but still have this problem I even upgraded my pc components and installed windows 5 times on both of the pcs can anyone help me...
  5. DirectX installation ERROR

DirectX installation ERROR: Hi there I try on both of my pcs to install new directx 12 but I constantly receive error on it , I have tried everything that you already posted but still have this problem I even upgraded my pc components and installed windows 5 times on both of the pcs can anyone help me...
  6. DirectX installation error

DirectX installation error: I just completed a fresh install of windows 10, updated it, and installed drivers for GPU. Everything was alright until I download the Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime from Microsoft. I ran the web installer and it displayed this message: So I went on and downloaded the...
  7. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game: I have been having this 2 errors while playing the game for more than 7 months now, and ive tried all the solutions out there but nothing worked, tried different drivers, windows updates, different windows, windows 10 and 11 and tries reinstalling games and verified them as...
  8. ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game

ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT and DIRECTX ERROR while playing a game: I have been having this 2 errors while playing the game for more than 7 months now, and ive tried all the solutions out there but nothing worked, tried different drivers, windows updates, different windows, windows 10 and 11 and tries reinstalling games and verified them as...
  9. cant install directx runtime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant install directx runtime: when i opened the website DirectX Runtime Web Installer ,it said that the download was no longer available. Is there another way to download directx runtime? Pls help me...
  10. Error installing DirectX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing DirectX: When i try to install DirectX, error appear, i check DXerror file and it show: [03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess Failed API: CreateProcess() Error: (Error 193) %1 is not a valid Win32...