Windows 10: Error installing DirectX

Discus and support Error installing DirectX in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i try to install DirectX, error appear, i check DXerror file and it show: [03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ziy_030, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ziy_030 Win User

Error installing DirectX

When i try to install DirectX, error appear, i check DXerror file and it show:

[03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess

Failed API: CreateProcess()

Error: (Error 193) %1 is not a valid Win32 application

--------------------

[03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 3426, function: InstallEXE

RunProcess() failed.

--------------------

[03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5829, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

InstallEXE() failed.

--------------------

[03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[03/02/19 12:10:06] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

:)

ziy_030, Mar 2, 2019

2. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 2, 2019
  3. DirectX installation failed

Thank you for the update. Please verify if DirectX June 2010 is being offered via Windows Update. If your computer is already running DirectX 12, it has backwards compatibility with the previous version of DirectX. Moreover, you may also want to consider
    performing the suggested steps in this article.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Error installing DirectX

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Error installing DirectX

1. Error installing DirectX - Similar Threads - Error installing DirectX

2. DirectX installation ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX installation ERROR: Hi there I try on both of my pcs to install new directx 12 but I constantly receive error on it , I have tried everything that you already posted but still have this problem I even upgraded my pc components and installed windows 5 times on both of the pcs can anyone help me...
  3. DirectX installation ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX installation ERROR: Hi there I try on both of my pcs to install new directx 12 but I constantly receive error on it , I have tried everything that you already posted but still have this problem I even upgraded my pc components and installed windows 5 times on both of the pcs can anyone help me...
  4. DirectX ERROR while installing

DirectX ERROR while installing: First, I want to send this message to windows developers, why are the new versions of windows have lot of issues, you suppose to fix everything from A-Z before you release your product to the market, to get the user's satisfaction. And if the old versions of windows like XP,...
  5. DirectX ERROR while installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX ERROR while installing: First, I want to send this message to windows developers, why are the new versions of windows have lot of issues, you suppose to fix everything from A-Z before you release your product to the market, to get the user's satisfaction. And if the old versions of windows like XP,...
  6. DirectX installation error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX installation error: I just completed a fresh install of windows 10, updated it, and installed drivers for GPU. Everything was alright until I download the Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime.I ran the web installer and it displayed this message: So I went on and downloaded the offline installer...
  7. DirectX installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX installation error: I just completed a fresh install of windows 10, updated it, and installed drivers for GPU. Everything was alright until I download the Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime from Microsoft. I ran the web installer and it displayed this message: So I went on and downloaded the...
  8. DirectX installation error

DirectX installation error: I just completed a fresh install of windows 10, updated it, and installed drivers for GPU. Everything was alright until I download the Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime from Microsoft. I ran the web installer and it displayed this message: So I went on and downloaded the...
  9. error during installing DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error during installing DirectX: Hi everyoneI have an error during installing DirectX *--------------------------- DirectX Setup --------------------------- An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem. ---------------------------...
  10. error during installing DirectX

error during installing DirectX: Hi everyoneI have an error during installing DirectX *--------------------------- DirectX Setup --------------------------- An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem. ---------------------------...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error installing directx

2. dxupdate is not a win32 valid application