Windows 10: Error installing Office 2016

Discus and support Error installing Office 2016 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Shnxxx, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Shnxxx Win User

Error installing Office 2016

HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing both "QUICK" and "ONLINE" but nothing works. Also uninstalled it fully using the "o15-ctrremove.diagcab" also done uninstalling by MANUAL and install it using the setup, but the setup stops before the installation done and saying an error happen, or somewhat like that. PLEASE! help me *Sad I need it ASAP for my college. Can't do projects on school because of hectic schedule and I got free time only on my home. PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

Shnxxx, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Error "Operating system is not configured to run this application" on Windows 10

Well turns out nero was not the problem, error just happened to pop up right during nero reinstall.

I actually was able to pinpoint the error in logs since it happened when not much else was going on at once

Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d8f4

Faulting module name: OLMAPI32.DLL, version: 16.0.6769.6523, time stamp: 0x57013b5d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

from what ive heard this is a Microsoft office problem

fresh install windows 10, fresh install office 2016 project 2016 and visio 2016, in that order

a uninstall of office and reinstall did not solve the issue, now trying online repair and hoping. seems insane win 10 and office 2016 wont play nicely together, I have no legacy office versions loaded and never have since this is a fresh install

AshMiller900, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Error installing Office 2016

Hi:

Are you trying to install from media (DVD) or from a download?

After UNinstalling, did you manually remove any leftover MS Office folders in your Program Files or Program Files(x86) directory before you tried to reinstall?

Is your MS Office installation properly activated?

If your license is provided from your school, does it permit installing on more than one system at a time?
    (You mention having MS Office 2016 on a 2nd computer. I would guess such a restriction probably impacts ACTIVATION, rather than INSTALLATION, but I think MS has tightened up restrictions on "Educational" and "Site License" software. I used to be able to legally install/activate on 2 computers (my work laptop and my home desktop), but the new arrangement only permits 1 install/activation.)

Just a few thoughts...

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 7, 2016
  5. Shnxxx Win User
    I'm installing from a DVD.

Yup, After uninstalling using the "o15-ctrremove.diagcab" I also uninstalled it manually by following the microsoft's forums uninstallation guide. From regedit to the directories.

It was activated when I was using Windows 7, after I upgraded to windows 10, it was reset. And after few weeks of upgrading to windows 10, everytime I open Ms word, it asks to repair it.

Btw, I'm just using one computer. I did just upgrade it from win7 to 10.

Thanks for your reply! *Smile

I'm now installing Office 2016 again after I stopped "Print spooler" service. But still "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup.". I't didn't specified the error. Hmmm

Shnxxx, Aug 7, 2016
  6. Shnxxx Win User
    PLEASE HELP! *Sad
    I want to add an info. After the error in installation, there's another window shows. Saying, "Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Please help! :/

Shnxxx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Error installing Office 2016

1. Error installing Office 2016 - Similar Threads - Error installing Office

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  4. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  5. Install & Run Office 2016 and Office 2007 concurrently ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Install & Run Office 2016 and Office 2007 concurrently ?: I need to run the older version (2007) and the newer version (2016) of Office concurrently. I was planning to install all of office 2007 and Office 2016 WITHOUT the Outlook application. Can anyone please help me with this? Is this possible? What should I install first; the...
  6. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  7. Office 2016 - Custom Install

Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  8. Office 2016 Installation Failed

Office 2016 Installation Failed: So I was trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus (Volume licence) and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening (since it doesn't display any specific error...
  9. Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603

Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603: Machine is Toshiba L70-C-13c, Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, Core I3, 8Gb, Toshiba 1TB Disk. Originally, the primary problem was that ITunes wasn't syncing IPad. From Apple help, noticed that USB hub controller was not detected, and that Apple USB driver was not being...
  10. Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation": Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 to win 10 office 2016 errors