Windows 10: Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode

Discus and support Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently trying to install an application (Google Drive File Stream) onto my system. It is giving an Installation Failed error. I also have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimbojnr81, May 26, 2019.

1. Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode

I am currently trying to install an application (Google Drive File Stream) onto my system. It is giving an Installation Failed error. I also have a ticket open with google as i thought i may be a compatibility issue, but they assure me that it should still work with my system.

My system is:

Windows 10 Home (unlocked from S)

Device: Samsung Galaxy Book 2 running Snapdragon 850 (ARM)

I have enable the SetupAPI logs and below is the section for the install

>>> [Install INF Section (InstallHInfSection) - googledrivefs2713.inf]

>>> Section start 2019/05/26 14:15:27.705

cmd: "C:\Users\********\Downloads\GoogleDriveFSSetup.exe"

inf: INF - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive File Stream\Drivers\2713\googledrivefs2713.inf

inf: Section - DefaultInstall

inf: Mode - 128

inf: Opened INF: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive File Stream\Drivers\2713\googledrivefs2713.inf' ([strings])

!!! inf: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode.

<<< Section end 2019/05/26 14:15:29.442

<<< [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe0000235)]

I have no idea what Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jimbojnr81, May 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Installing XP : IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Boot in step-by-step confirmation mode, and see what service or drive is causing the bsod.

4. Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode

Installer UI Mode Error on windows 10

Hi Aly,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please reply to these questions, to understand the issue better:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try installing the application
      in compatibility mode?

I suggest you to install NX10 in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode

1. Error: Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode - Similar Threads - Error Installing services

2. WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  3. WOW!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  4. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  5. How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs

How to allow Standard User local account to Install Programs: I have Win 11 set up with a Standard User Account local without admin privileges for day to day operations. I don't want anyone with admin privileges doing day to day work for safety reasons. What is the best way to give the Standard User temporary access to an admin password...
  6. Wow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  7. Wow

Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  8. Wow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Installing Non-Standard Downloaded Fonts: I know the basics of installing downloaded fonts. I'm having trouble with the way individual downloaded fonts are organized, or rather disorganized, when installed, and I'm trying to find a way to organize and streamline the installation and font grouping. Example: I...
  10. Non standard wallpaper background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non standard wallpaper background colors: Hi guys, I'm a photographer and work mostly with black and white images. I took the jump from win7 to win10 today and in setting my wallpaper as "centered" (not fill or stretch etc) I am faced with not being able to choose an appropriate background color to go "behind" the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. googledrivefs2713

2. non-standard WoW mode

3. (Google Drive File Stream) - Installing services is not allowed in a non-standard WoW mode