Windows 10: Error installing Windows 10 on a blank hard drive

Discus and support Error installing Windows 10 on a blank hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new, blank hard drive I just installed on my laptop. I boot from a Windows bootable usb drive but when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sepi2008, Oct 9, 2019.

1. sepi2008 Win User

Error installing Windows 10 on a blank hard drive

I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new, blank hard drive I just installed on my laptop. I boot from a Windows bootable usb drive but when I try to install Windows, it gives me Load Driver error message: "A media drive your computer needs is missing. This could be a dvd, usb or hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now".

How can I get passed this? It doesn't even get to the place to input my license number, etc... it gives this error after I click on "install Windows" from my recovery usb stick.

Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

sepi2008, Oct 9, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 9, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Error installing Windows 10 on a blank hard drive - Similar Threads - Error installing blank

2. Windows 10 installation on blank hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 installation on blank hard drive: I am user of Dell vostro 15 3568 home single language , I was caught affected by a bug or problem in my laptop that it getting sleep while in use... Lastly, Suddenly attacks of that bug made me to restart windows forcefully...by that I found that my window 10 OS has been...
  3. Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install second os on a blank internal hard drive using UEFI: I have a computer with Windows 10 home. I have a new blank hard drive that I want to install Windows 7 pro and upgrade it to Windows 10 pro ( I have the software for both). My new system has the UEFI mode. What is the easiest way to install the second OPERATING SYSTEM on the...
  4. Windows 10 hard drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hard drive errors: I am having a problem and am not very smart when it comes to computers but my computer was running slow, so I did the only thing i could think which was to optimize my hard drive. The problem was that my primary hard drive or whatever it is called [labeled as C:] disapapeared...
  5. Seems simple... how to install Windows 10 on a blank hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seems simple... how to install Windows 10 on a blank hard drive: HDD crashes on Windows 7 PC; there's a problem with the motor. Somehow I think it's easy to install windows 10 to a new HDD, but hours later, without booting successfully, I give up! I have Windows 10 on a utility HDD that I use to upgrade PC's with Windows 7 to Windows 10. I...
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive: I had Windows 10 on my old hard drive. Over a period of time, someone suggested switching to Linux, as there were some virus problems. I did, and everything was done for less than 6 months. Suddenly, my Windows started acting crazy and crashed. I had my Linux and continued to...
  7. Error while installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Error while installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Quite a while ago I purchased Windows 8.1 prior to Windows 10 release. So when Microsoft up graded me to 10 they made it 10 pro. I have been using that since. One day I noticed the fans in my table top A Asus gamers with an Intel core 5 -32GHZ CPU were running 100%. They...
  8. Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error

Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error: I tried reformatting (bootable flash drive) my old hard drive before but this error (Usbehci. Sys) comes up and I can't seem to find ways to solve it. Sfc scan now and other solutions won't work so I thought my hard drive was old and broken so I waited until it died and...
  9. installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed

installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed: I am going to do a fresh install windows of Win 10 on my computer which was running Win 7. I have 3 hard drives installed. Windows will be installed on my c Drive and my D and E drive have a lot of saved graphics on them. Will Windows only install itself on the C drive or...
  10. installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive

installing window 10 on a blank Hard Drive: How do I go about installing windows 10 on a blank hard drive? Its going into an older computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-window-10-on-a-blank-hard-drive/72ccca7c-dce8-4774-a45c-7328e2ddda07