Windows 10: error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message

Discus and support error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot find my desktop the icons have disappeared. I cannot do a lot of things because of this error and I think it was deleted or something.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by puppeta, Jan 20, 2019.

1. puppeta Win User

error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message

I cannot find my desktop the icons have disappeared. I cannot do a lot of things because of this error and I think it was deleted or something.

:)

puppeta, Jan 20, 2019

2. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\iCloud Photos. Errorerror location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message :(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community team. We are glad to assist you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you able to go to the iCloud Photo location?

• Are you able to find any photos in this location “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\iCloud Photos”?

If you are unable to find the iCloud Photo folder in the following location “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile” then I suggest you to add iCould Photo folder and add the photos in this location. Now, try to run the backup and check if the issue
    still persist.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 20, 2019
  3. "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

To resolve the issue, I would suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if the same error occurs.

Method:

Step 1: Navigate to "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile”
    and check if the Desktop folder exist.

Step 2: In the event that you cannot find the folder, create a folder name it as
    “Desktop” or copy it from “c:/user/default/Desk

Note: Once you open the User folder the Default folder will be hidden. To unhide click on the “View” tab and check the “Hidden Items” box.

Also after you have created the folder, it will be required that you give full permission to the folder. Follow the steps below to give permission.

• Right click on the folder, click on the “Security” tab and then click on the
      “Edit” button.
    • This will navigate you to “Permission for Desktop”.
    • Select “Everyone” and then click on the “Add”
      button.
    • In the “Enter the object name to select” dialog box type
      “Everyone” and click on “Check Names”.
    • Once done click on “OK”

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 20, 2019
  4. error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message

c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop can not be found...window 10 professional, 64bit operating system

Hi Richard,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

I understand that you receive the error message: “C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop refers to a location that is unavailable.”
    When you start up your computer.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps:

• Click on Start button.
    • Click Computer.
    • Navigate to C:\Users\
    • Open your username folder.
    • Right-click on the Desktop
      folder and click Properties.
    • Click on Location tab, and click the Restore Default button.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message

1. error location c ...system 32 /systemprofile message - Similar Threads - error location system

2. Default Location--error message, location not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Location--error message, location not recognized.: I've an end unit townhouse. When I try to type in my home address, the correct address comes up in the list based on the house number, but I get the error message: "location not recognized, select another location." When I look at the map, my neighboring townhouses are all...
  3. Default Location--error message, location not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Location--error message, location not recognized.: I've an end unit townhouse. When I try to type in my home address, the correct address comes up in the list based on the house number, but I get the error message: "location not recognized, select another location." When I look at the map, my neighboring townhouses are all...
  4. C Drive System 32 Error "Device is not ready"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C Drive System 32 Error "Device is not ready": How do i fix something that has to do with the c drive and system 32? When i download or change some settings on my pc that need Administrator privelleges it doesn't and the application freezes and for a moment you get an error that says "Device is Not Ready"I can't seem to...
  5. error: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    error: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable: I have Win v.1909 bld 18363.836 and I've been working from home on my own laptop. The company had us install Citrix at home so that we could login to our computers at work and work on them. It is required because we use enterprise software that is not portable. I created a...
  6. C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop: Hi everyone,cannot start my HP Pavillion laptop. Get the above message after login. Would be really grateful if anyone knows what to do. Thank you....
  7. Error Message (Windows 10): C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message (Windows 10): C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not...: Hi, My son came to his computer last night, and found AVG running a low-level scan on his computer. It found a bunch of malware and adware and quarantined a bunch of files. (I have already contacted AVG and they are unable to help.) When we first rebooted and he logged in,...
  8. Windows Updates : Error "c:\Windows\system32\systemprofile\desktop" is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates : Error "c:\Windows\system32\systemprofile\desktop" is unavailable: Hello, everybody, Yesterday afternoon, I logged in to my computer and it said it had some updates to install and started to install them. it said it would take several minutes but after an hour I started to get suspicious, especially as the messages it was displaying just...
  9. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop message: After last update I have been having trouble getting on to my desktop. message pops up C:\windows\system32\cofig\systemprofile\desktop, also ctfmon.exe, sihost.exe and explore.exe. What can I do to resolve this?...
  10. Blank desktop & error message c:\Windows\system32\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank desktop & error message c:\Windows\system32\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable: So prior to today i had no problems with the functionability of my laptop, but when i turned it on i was forced into an update screen and by the time it was done my whole operating system (i think?) has been wiped and i literally cannot do ANYTHING!! I dont know what to do, I...