Windows 10: Error: Log file:...

Discus and support Error: Log file:... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by marleydevo, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Error: Log file:...

So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried restoring, resetting and whole heap of cmd in the promt and nothing seem to work. This is my error I get. Log file: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk1\Partion4\WINDOWS\Sydytem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

:)

marleydevo, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 19, 2021
  3. MTL
    MTL Win User
    "Could Not Open Log File" Error

When you uninstall AITtool it gives you the option to delete the log file as well. I have also tried just deleting the log file.

Interestingly, it logs the temperatures for the first 5 minutes. Then it says that it cannot write to the log file. Then if I cancel that message, it will go on for another 5 minutes until showing the Lof File error again. *Bang Head :banghead:

4. Error: Log file:...

Error Log Reading

Hi ankurshaswat.

Sorry I can't tell from logs but all data appears to be very old. Like September. Here is a list of quick fixes that can help from an MS article.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips
    Quick fixes The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems.

• Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    • Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
      • chkdsk /F
    • Attempt to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed, and ensure the computer is rebooted if this is necessary to complete installation of an update.
    • Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
      • Use Windows Defender for protection during the upgrade.
      • Verify compatibility information and re-install antivirus applications after the upgrade.
    • Uninstall all nonessential software.
    • Update firmware and drivers.
    • Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    • Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS.

Once you done all of the above could I suggest you follow this tutorial to install the upgrade. While non destructive I would recommend backing up all data off device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then repost the logs please.

Caledon Ken, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Error: Log file:...

1. Error: Log file:... - Similar Threads - Error Log file

2. Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted: I reset my computer via settings and it automatically deleted all the files for me, after 30 minutes of waiting it didn’t lead me to re-install the whole system but instead my profile without a profile picture. When i insert my fingerprint or enter my pin it says “The User...
  3. Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted: I reset my computer via settings and it automatically deleted all the files for me, after 30 minutes of waiting it didn’t lead me to re-install the whole system but instead my profile without a profile picture. When i insert my fingerprint or enter my pin it says “The User...
  4. Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error logging in - Profile file was corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Error: Log file:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Log file:...: So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried restoring, resetting and whole heap of cmd in the promt and nothing seem to work. This is my error I get. Log file:...
  7. Error: Log file:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: Log file:...: So I own a Alienware laptop and for the last week I haven’t been able to log into my pc it currently runs on windows 10 I’m pretty sure I’ve tried restoring, resetting and whole heap of cmd in the promt and nothing seem to work. This is my error I get. Log file:...
  8. Startup error with SrtTrail.txt log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup error with SrtTrail.txt log file: Today I turned on my PC and it went into repair mode. I can't restart my PC, I can't restore it, Safe mode boot doesn't work, I can't restart my PC to an older version of Windows. I don't know why the error occurred. Thanks in advance, does anyone think you can help me?...
  9. BSOD error and log file attached.

BSOD error and log file attached.: Ive had a couple blue screens Im trying to get to the bottom of The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80008e2cbab, 0xffffac8118f26f60, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  10. Error opening installation log file.

Error opening installation log file.: Hi, I am trying to install the AMD Ryzen Master application, however when I run the installer I get the error "Error opening installation log file." [ATTACH]...