Windows 10: Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while...

Discus and support Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running the program to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It says I need to uninstall "Mcafee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonHahn2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. RonHahn2 Win User

Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while...

I'm running the program to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. It says I need to uninstall "Mcafee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection". I used the MCPR Mcafee uninstall tool and restarted. I still get the error message. Mcafee is not listed in my Programs list to uninstall. What else do I need to do to get rid of this Mcafee error and get the upgrade installed?

***Modified title from: windows 7 to 10 upgrade but Mcafee error stops process***

:)

RonHahn2, Jan 16, 2020

2. McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security

Does the Dell computer-in-question belong to you or your employer?

Did you (a) uninstall the Dell-preinstalled McAfee free-trial AND THEN (b) download/run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool & reboot (c) BEFORE you installed McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security on the Windows 7 computer?

• Fact: McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or upgrading) cleanly. The "leftovers" may be your troublemaker here.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 16, 2020
  3. McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security

I was upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro on a Dell OptiPlex 755. I uninstalled McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security before doing the upgrade. When I got Win 10 working, I installed McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security without success. The products
    that get installed with SaaS Endpoint Security are Threat Prevention, Firewall, Web Control, and Agent. After being on the phone with McAfee for two hours, the software was uninstalled, but fragments of files, and registry settings where left on my pc.
    The tech support told me there would be a solution sometime in January 2016. I got most of the files renamed, and now I am using free security software until I can find something permanent.

LSchmidt_MVS, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while...

McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security

If you still need assistance, please answer each of the following questions by number:

1. Did the Dell computer come with McAfee Security Center or McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security preinstalled?

2. Did the McAfee tech have you download/run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

3. Did McAfee Support confirm that McAfee SaaS Endpoint Security is currently supported in the latest build of Win10?

4. What "free security software" is installed?

5. After you upgraded to Win10, how long was the computer connected to the internet before you got the "free security software" installed?

6. Was Windows Defender working properly after you upgraded to Win10?

7. Is Windows Defender enabled & working properly now?

8. Is KB3124200 or KB3124260 listed in Installed Updates (not
    Update History
    )?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while...

1. Error: McAfee Security as a Service Endpoint Protection needs to be uninstalled while... - Similar Threads - Error McAfee Security

2. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  3. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service: i am on a windows 10 pc, recently i noticed a new program in my task manager called endpoint protection service. i also noticed my bandwidth get cut after ie running second life and mixxx dj software, open a web page and have mixxx stream shut down. i have gigabit fiber optic...
  4. how do i uninstall Endpoint Protection Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. NSIS Error when attempting to uninstall RAV Endpoint Protection Antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS Error when attempting to uninstall RAV Endpoint Protection Antivirus: I have attempted multiple times to uninstall antivirus put on my PC called "RAV Endpoint Protection." Whenever I attempt to uninstall I get an "NSIS Error" stating that states that there was an "error installing the launcher" however I'm able to open the program with no...
  6. NSIS Error when attempting to uninstall RAV Endpoint Protection Antivirus

NSIS Error when attempting to uninstall RAV Endpoint Protection Antivirus: I have attempted multiple times to uninstall antivirus put on my PC called "RAV Endpoint Protection." Whenever I attempt to uninstall I get an "NSIS Error" stating that states that there was an "error installing the launcher" however I'm able to open the program with no...
  7. Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection

Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection: So, I was installing something I don't remember what was it and i found something weired, its called rav endpoint protection, so I go to contol panel and uninstalled rav, When I was uninstalling it, it keeps getting stuck at 85%, so I gone to redit and tried searching there,...
  8. Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall rav endpoint protection: So, I was installing something I don't remember what was it and i found something weired, its called rav endpoint protection, so I go to contol panel and uninstalled rav, When I was uninstalling it, it keeps getting stuck at 85%, so I gone to redit and tried searching there,...
  9. Mcafee Endpoint Security preventing update to1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mcafee Endpoint Security preventing update to1903: How the heck do I rid this machine of EDS? I cannot to find any solution to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-endpoint-security-preventing-update-to1903/1b034527-14ef-4f2b-8432-fc45255e38e2
  10. McAfee protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee protection: My question is; do I need McAfee to protect my computer or can Windows Defender handle it? If so how do I shut McAfee down?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcafee security as a service win 10