Windows 10: error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

Discus and support error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a video, mp4, i am trying to import into my video editing software and i keep getting the error code along with " an unexpected error is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElizabethMcLean, Nov 3, 2020.

1. error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

i have a video, mp4, i am trying to import into my video editing software and i keep getting the error code along with

" an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. if you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code search for help with this problem"

a search turned up nothing.

error 0x8007017F: the cloud sync provider failed to validate the downloaded data.

so it APPEARS to be yet another issue with microsoft itself screwing something up and i have no way that i can find to work around this. it says this with EVERY mp4 i've trying downloading from my cloud drive.

:)

ElizabethMcLean, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - 'Critical Error' message, Start Menu is not working, OneDrive no longer function.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell in search, right click on it and Open as administrator
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

For OneDrive issue:

I suggest you to unlink and re-set up OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer check if it helps. In order to unlink you can follow the steps given below.

a) Right Click on OneDrive icon present in System Tray.

b) Click on Settings, under Settings Tab you will see Unlink option, click on it an.

c) Restart your computer and reset OneDrive.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

1. error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file - Similar Threads - error message 0x8007017F

2. Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive: OneDrive will not upload one specific MS Word document. THe error message say that it is a LibreOffice 6.2.lnk file and that "it appears that you do nto have access permissions to the item." However, I created it with MS Word and it shows itself as a MS Word document....
  3. Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive: OneDrive will not upload one specific MS Word document. THe error message say that it is a LibreOffice 6.2.lnk file and that "it appears that you do nto have access permissions to the item." However, I created it with MS Word and it shows itself as a MS Word document....
  4. Error message when uploading a file to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error messager when trying to open downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messager when trying to open downloads: Until today, I was always able to open up any and all downloads. I mainly have images saved so far, as this is a new computer for me. When I choose which file I want to download and press OPEN or SELECT, an errror message pops up and says, "media is write protected." Then...
  6. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  7. error message when try to open zipped file

error message when try to open zipped file: How do I open a zipped file -I have a password to enter not sure how/where? please advise... when I try to open the zipped file -- why do I get error message below. windows cannot complete the extraction , the destination file could not be created-error how do I...
  8. Error message when trying to open photos

Error message when trying to open photos: I just downloaded some photos from Google Photos and now my computer won't let me open any photos to view them, it says: "The operation was not completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered." I downloaded the Google Photo app recently before this started happening....
  9. Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.

Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.: Dear All,, hope you have a good day I have this screen Appear when I try to open a .dwg file in autoCAD I tried many times to solve the problem from AutoCAD file side but it did not work what they suggest that I have a missing NLS files in my system causes this message to...
  10. Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.: Dear All,, hope you have a good day I have this screen Appear when I try to open a .dwg file in autoCAD I tried many times to solve the problem from AutoCAD file side but it did not work what they suggest that I have a missing NLS files in my system causes this message to...