Windows 10: Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Error message 0x88072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClareMaguire, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Error message 0x88072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

:)

ClareMaguire, Nov 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 App store error message 0x80072EFD

Hi Deflit,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that the error code 0x80072efd usually occurs if there is some problem with the internet connection.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

If you are still facing issues with it, I suggest you to run the “fix it” available in the link provided below to reset Windows Update components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully.

Further reference: Windows Update error 0x80072efd

Write to us with the status of the Error number 0x80072EFD experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Error cade 0x80072EFD

Hi Shagor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting 0x80072efd while trying to open Windows Store.

The error code 0x80072efd usually occurs if there is some problem with the internet connection.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Disable Proxy

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 3: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

Hope it helps, do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Error Code: 0x80072EFD - 0x200000 when Upgrading to Microsoft 10

I checked the proxy settings as directed above, it was the same. I shutdown the laptop and re-download the file, get the same error. Tried to launch a different way using howtogeek.com/22048/how-to-upgrade-from-Windows-7-or8-to-Windows-10-right-now/ - was
    able to get the installation screen. It scans the computer and indicates, it is able to install Windows 10, click install and receive the same error message. Checked alternative Windows 10 files in Windows 10 upgrade, it's asks for product key, I key in my
    windows 8.1 product key, doesn't accept.

Please provide additional direction on installing Windows 10. Thanks.

AlexGaspar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10

1. Error message 0x80072efd when trying to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error message 0x80072efd

2. Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro: It say's Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-upgrade-to/578dc283-e6bd-407c-9f0b-9b0278d40192
  3. Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error message when trying to upgrade to Pro: It say's Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-message-when-trying-to-upgrade-to/578dc283-e6bd-407c-9f0b-9b0278d40192
  4. Error when trying to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi all, I've been trying to upgrade Windows 7 home to windows 10 for a few days now and it keeps failing part way through with the error code '0x800707E7 - 0x3000D' and I can't work out what I need to do to fix it I'm not sure which logs would be useful or where to find...
  5. Error Code 0x80072efd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 0x80072efd: This error is for when I sign in to XBOX. Video: https://studio.youtube.com/video/3TJ7vQcqvao/edit/basic sorry for my bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80072efd/1a25d88b-09be-4f7d-9214-7fe536eb600c
  6. Error when trying to upgrade Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when trying to upgrade Windows: my laptop won't upgade from windows 10 1803 due to error 1900201 I do not wish to do a clean install and reset everything again. Please help! ***Modified title from: windows update***...
  7. error code 0x80072EFD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error code 0x80072EFD: after opening store, it displays error code 0x80072EFD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80072efd/66297d8f-cdd3-4ccd-b5ab-72423135b065"
  8. error code: 0x80072efd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code: 0x80072efd: When opening the app persons (in Dutch: personen) I see a yellow exclamation mark: repair account. When I click this I see a statement that says: Something went wrong We can't connect to dub406-m.hotmail.com right now. Make sure you have a connection, then try again. Error...
  9. Error 0x80072EFD Whilst Trying to use windows update and store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 0x80072EFD Whilst Trying to use windows update and store: Whelp to start this off I've Upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I knew I was going to have issues with it considering it just came out but I think the issues I'm having are registry related errors due to Some issues i used to have with windows 7. So back about in I'd say...
  10. 0x80072efd when synching email

in Browsers and Email
    0x80072efd when synching email: Just upgraded my dad's PC and get this error Windows update works fine, we've applied all the upgrades, which is what all the search results trace the problem to Everything else seems to work - I've put the mail.btinternet.com address in the mail server settings, it's...
Tags: