Windows 10: Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

Discus and support Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. My user account gives me Administrator privileges. I am trying to delete an unwanted program from my PC all files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jaffhubrisuk_407, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

I am using Windows 10.

My user account gives me Administrator privileges.

I am trying to delete an unwanted program from my PC all files and folders. I am currently unable to do this - the error message described above is generated.

I right clicked on the program folder in Windows Explorer, selected Properties - Security - Advanced tab.

The folder owned is named as 'TrustedInstaller'.

How do I become the current owner using my Windows 10 User Account?

I have the only User Account on my PC.

:)

Jaffhubrisuk_407, Mar 25, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Polterry Win User

Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

Denied Access to delete files

I am experiencing the infamous Blue Screen irregularly and I suspect from reading posts it is linked to AVG Internet Security product. I bought this but later canceled it and thought I had uninstalled it. However later I found that the uninstallation left a lot, if not all, the files behind. Windows, Ccleaner etc. showed the program as being deleted. I subsequently searched AVG and then tried deleting all files found. I am the only user and the administrator; I do not enter my MS password at start-up. I have managed to delete a large no. of files but I am left with several where each time I try to delete I get a message "File access denied - you need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" I click on Continue but I am still denied access.

How do I get access to delete these files?

Polterry, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

1. Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file." - Similar Threads - Error Message Access

2. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  3. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  4. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  5. Access denied. You need permission.

Access denied. You need permission.: HI,I'm having issues in regards to transferring movie files to my external hard drive . Which is connected to my router. As a cheap alternative as a nas system.The problem is , I can't transfer the files. It says access denied . You need permission.I've tried all the usual...
  6. Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action

Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action: I'm not able to delete a folder off of my C driveI am signed in as an administratorI tried all of the steps at this answer:...
  7. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  8. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

"You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  9. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  10. Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

in Windows 10 Support
    Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this: Thank you Berton, if it's not too much trouble, could you please walk me through exactly how to map my drive? I watched a tutorial video about it and tried it, it created "Z:" for my mycloud, but did not do anything for solving the problem. Maybe I was doing it wrong.