Windows 10: Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files

Discus and support Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to backup files to my Seagate Portable Expansion Drive, why do I get the following messages: "Error Notepad" "The backup completed but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pryvett1, Jul 20, 2019.

1. pryvett1 Win User

Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files

When I try to backup files to my Seagate Portable Expansion Drive, why do I get the following messages:

"Error Notepad"

"The backup completed but some files were missed"

"Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1\Contacts. ErrorError Message After Attempting to Backup Files :(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))"

"Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser1\Searches. ErrorError Message After Attempting to Backup Files :(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))"

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

:)

pryvett1, Jul 20, 2019

2. Backup Problems/Errors

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why you received an error code "0x81000019" when you attempted to backup files on your Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by third-party software conflicts or the backup
    services are not started. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question below:

• When was the last time you were able to successfully perform a backup?
    • Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

Also, kindly confirm if the exact error message that showed up along with the error code "0x81000019" is similar to the one below:

• A shadow copy could not be created. Please check the 'VSS' and 'SPP' application event logs for more information. Details: Insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Error Message After Attempting to Backup Files - Similar Threads - Error Message Attempting

2. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  3. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  4. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup error message: Weekly, I run a system backup. I always receive the message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jacsd\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002. The folder is empty.Is this something to be concerned about?...
  5. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup error message: Weekly, I run a system backup. I always receive the message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jacsd\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002. The folder is empty.Is this something to be concerned about?...
  6. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. backup error messages

backup error messages: After each back up I get the message "Last backup was canceled" but the backup appears to be ok. how can I stop the error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-messages/1c236f1d-c602-48eb-a1c5-bc5ff2c92d1d
  8. Error message after attempting to export registry

Error message after attempting to export registry: I was about to make a change my Windows 10 registry, so I went to create a full backup copy first. When I do this, I get the following message after the process completes: [ATTACH] I get the same result on both my SSD and my regular hard drive, so it's not a problem with...
  9. strange backup error message

strange backup error message: Hi I am using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) utility for my backups and it keeps skipping two files: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures These files do not exist. So why is it looking for them? Should...
  10. Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?: When I attempt to backup my computer with the windows 10 upgrade I get an error message: an internal error has occurred - the specified resource can not be found in the image file(0x80070716) Does anybody know what this means? I have virtual drives E: F: G: H: and...