Windows 10: Error message after generalized sysprep

Discus and support Error message after generalized sysprep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 exactly the same configured Windows installations, both 32bit and 64bit. These Windows installations are referring to other other drives for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dreiba, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Dreiba Win User

Error message after generalized sysprep

I have 2 exactly the same configured Windows installations, both 32bit and 64bit. These Windows installations are referring to other other drives for specific settings, such as:

* The users folder is redirected to the `U:\Users` drive
    * Some programs are installed on the `P:\` drive.

The OS is installed on the `C:\` drive.

For constantly testing these configured machines with the settings, I used a non-generalized sysprep, and booted back into the same virtual machine (I did not test it on another machine yet).

These non-generalized syspreps into OOBE worked perfectly.

When I was done configuring the machines how I wanted, and knew they both worked in a non-generalized sysprep. I sysprepped them with the generalize option on.

From here I made a WinPE boot environment and captured an image of the `OS` partition (`C:\`) and the `PROGRAMS` partition (`P:\`).

Now I made a new virtual machine and booted into WinPE with the device connected where the captured images we're on.

Here I created the following (needed) partitions using diskpart:

Error message after generalized sysprep [​IMG]

These are the partitions that correspond to the sysprepped machines that worked without generalize. The system partition was just a try, I also tried doing it without it.

After having created the partitions I applied the images to the corresponding disks (`C:\` -> OS partition, `P:\` -> Programs partition). This by using the DISM /apply-image command. I am sure I choose the right index of the .WIM file.

Then I used the `bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:` for creating the boot files, this successfully worked.

After restarting the machine using the `exit` command and not booting into WinPE, I got the following error message.

When opening up notepad via SHIFT + F10 and opening the `\Windows\Panther\setuperr.log` file, there is this line:

Code: 2016-08-20 21:13:01, Error [0x0606ae] IBS [SetupCl library] Required profile hive does not exist [\??\E:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\NTUSER.DAT].[/quote] Note: removed whitespace from the error message

Also, when I open up notepad and check for my drives when opening a file, there are all kind of drives I did NOT make in WinPE.

The only thing that is correct is the `C:\` drive, the PROGRAMS drive should be `P:\` and the USERS drive should be `U:\`.

Questions

• Where did these random drive letters come from? I already set them
    in WinPE before starting the Windows installation.

• How can I make my generalized sysprep work with these settings?

:)

Dreiba, Sep 3, 2016

2. sysprep does show at commandline

Hello,

The System Preparation (Sysprep) tool is used to change Windows images from a generalized state to a specialized state, and then back to a generalized state. A generalized image can be deployed on any computer. A specialized image is targeted
    to a specific computer. Since you have mentioned that you get an error message stating that sysprep not recognized an internal or external command, may we know what you are trying to accomplish, or what task you are performing which resulted in getting the
    error message? May we also know if there are changes made prior to the issue?

We look forward to your prompt response.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 3, 2016
  3. sysprep bug

After I installed Win10Ent , I wanted create Image with sysprep.

In audit mode I run command: "sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown"

After reboot I get error:

windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resumes configuration, restart the computer.

Why ? How is it resolve ?

Alex Dashevski, Sep 3, 2016
Thema:

Error message after generalized sysprep

1. Error message after generalized sysprep - Similar Threads - Error message generalized

2. Making Windows Image Without Sysprep Generalize tools, is Wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making Windows Image Without Sysprep Generalize tools, is Wrong?: Dear Microsoft teamI have a question about Windows Image, if i took Windows Image Without Sysprep Generalize tools, I installed all apps and Restated machine and took image with Acronis , and Restored this image in others machines, is this steps Wrong ?Should I make Sysprep...
  3. Sysprep unable to Generalize Image due to Microsoft OneDriveSync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep unable to Generalize Image due to Microsoft OneDriveSync: My issue is when I try to generalize my image I get this error: Package Microsoft.OneDriveSync_21220.1024.5.0_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. I researched this issue on an earlier attempt at generalizing my image and...
  4. Sysprep unable to Generalize Image due to Microsoft OneDriveSync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysprep unable to Generalize Image due to Microsoft OneDriveSync: My issue is when I try to generalize my image I get this error: Package Microsoft.OneDriveSync_21220.1024.5.0_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. I researched this issue on an earlier attempt at generalizing my image and...
  5. Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...

Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...: I am trying to capture Windows 10 2004. I selected litetouch.vbs --> provided the administrator credentials and The sysprep execution starts while executing sysprep the VM boot loops loading files and power off. I had created a new workbench with a deployment share but it...
  6. Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?: Hello everyone, I was wondering on how to create a generalized Windows 10 image with Sysprep? I've looked at various guides on the internet that show how to do this, but they seem to be out of date and are missing certain details. For example, do I have to install...
  7. Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?: I noticed that the Tiles of pinned Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) wasn't displaying properly, because they didn’t install which was the...
  8. Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Error - Cannot run sysprep: Hello, I wondered if someone has any ideas.* I'm trying to do a sysprep but I keep getting the error below. Code: 2018-05-29 15:53:09, Error SYSPRP Package 7EE7776C.LinkedInforWindows_2.1.2639.0_neutral__w1wdnht996qgy was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all...
  9. Error after booting a VM after Sysprep

Error after booting a VM after Sysprep: Howdy, So we're trying to get our first Win10 VM up and running. I downloaded the latest ISo from the Volume License site and installed it on a VM just fine. I ran all Windows Updates as well. After that I ran Sysprep and choose OOBE, Generalize, and Shutdown. I then...
  10. Sysprep errors

Sysprep errors: I'm using an upgraded version of Windows 10, and I'm trying to do a sysprep on it. I've already completed the registry changes needed, but I'm still getting errors. If I could get some help on figuring out what needs to be done to fix it, that would be great. Here is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep generalize windows 10 show message

2. error message at windows startup after sysprep show log files