Windows 10: Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update

Discus and support Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting this error message. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickKamlah, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update

I am getting this error message.

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

I cannot do anything in Windows and keep getting this error when ever I try an open anything

:)

RickKamlah, Dec 26, 2020

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update

Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update

1. Error message after Windows Update and BIOS update - Similar Threads - Error message Update

2. BIOS error after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after update: HiI have fresh PC with Win 11. After prompt for drivers updates my PC I click for update of BIOS as well and my PC stopped working. I just see error message with no ID: unsupported memory populations/installation configurationsSee pic attached.I cannot boot and get into BIOS...
  3. BIOS error after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS error after update: HiI have fresh PC with Win 11. After prompt for drivers updates my PC I click for update of BIOS as well and my PC stopped working. I just see error message with no ID: unsupported memory populations/installation configurationsSee pic attached.I cannot boot and get into BIOS...
  4. Windows Update Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error Message: I recently started to get the following error message in my Windows Update app:Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. Does anyone in the community happen to know how to resolve this error? Thank you....
  5. Windows update error message !!

Windows update error message !!: Hi , I rarely ask questions of boards , but this one is driving me bananas !!! When I run a manual check for updates I get this appear :-[ATTACH] This has been happening consistantly for about 1 month now Feature Update is locked using wushowhide !! BUT windows Security...
  6. BIOS Error after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Error after Windows 10 update: I'm having a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I ran the latest Windows 10 updates on my HP desktop, they seemed to download fine and install fine, but now when I start my computer I see the following messages in succession: "preparing automatic repair", "please wait...
  7. Windows error after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows error after BIOS update: Hey everyone. I have just built my first PC and am having some issues. I am using windows 10 with an aorus gigabyte elite wifi MB and a Ryzen 5 2600. I have two NVMe hard drives labeled C and D. During my initial install, I had installed windows to the D drive and it was...
  8. Error Message after Windows Updat

Error Message after Windows Updat: I recently updated to the latest version of windows. I am now getting the following message when I boot up my laptop. There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. What is causing this and can it be fixed....
  9. Windows Update Message Error

Windows Update Message Error: [ATTACH] So i just updated my Windows 10, but this message keep showing, idk if there is something wrong with my pc or the windows itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-message-error/863004ae-2c31-4fb2-bdd3-b275f913f5d1
  10. bios update error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bios update error: my laptop shut downs fast but boots up slow. i have used many methods to resolve this issue but the problem still persists. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-update-error/bbb64bf1-558a-410e-88e3-20e6f80df69e