Windows 10: Error Message Appearing at Random

Discus and support Error Message Appearing at Random in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ever since the last Windows 10 update, I continuously get an error message popping up randomly throughout the day. It doesn't matter if I close it. It... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dreamdweller, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Error Message Appearing at Random

Ever since the last Windows 10 update, I continuously get an error message popping up randomly throughout the day. It doesn't matter if I close it. It will pop up even if I have nothing running. With error messages I can usually figure out what the problem is. With this one, I'm lost. I'll attach the error message.

:)

Dreamdweller, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

Error Message Appearing at Random [​IMG]

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Smurfmans Win User

I first did step 7:
    I downloaded avastclear with the link provided. According to the instruction on the avast site, I rebooted in safe mode and started avastclear.exe

However:
    After login, I got this [system error] message:

Then I starten avastclear and received these 2 error messages:

As this didn't work, I rebooted normally, and uninstalled avast the normal way with "add/remove programms".

Smurfmans, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Error Message Appearing at Random

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Error Message Appearing at Random :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Error Message Appearing at Random

1. Error Message Appearing at Random - Similar Threads - Error Message Appearing

2. Random error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random error message: I got this Error Message when i was trying to load the shortcut thingy in the right top corner of chrome then this error message randomly appeared out of nowhere can anyone help feel free to ask questions...
  3. Random error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random error message: I got this Error Message when i was trying to load the shortcut thingy in the right top corner of chrome then this error message randomly appeared out of nowhere can anyone help feel free to ask questions...
  4. Games randomly close no error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly close no error message: When I play any game on my computer they randomly just close completely, no error message no freeze just closes. This started a few days ago, i've tried updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling drivers and that didn't help. I have no clue to what could be causing this....
  5. Games randomly close no error message

Games randomly close no error message: When I play any game on my computer they randomly just close completely, no error message no freeze just closes. This started a few days ago, i've tried updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling drivers and that didn't help. I have no clue to what could be causing this....
  6. error message prior to random freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message prior to random freeze: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 128Checked the event log. This error shows prior to computer freeze. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-prior-to-random-freeze/300ef74d-e535-4fe1-87f5-9a9e85fe6142
  7. PC Randomly rebooting no error message

PC Randomly rebooting no error message: PC Randomly restarts with no error messageHello, a few days ago I disassembled my pc to test some components I want to sell, PC worked fine a couple days until it started to randomly restart with no error message whatsoever. I did check if everything was connected properly...
  8. ERROR MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT START-UP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT START-UP: Every time I start up windows 10 the following appears. It refers to an APC Back-ups UPS Pro 1000 that I have had for years and this message began a month ago. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files x86\APC\Power Chute Personal Edition\\mainserv.exe'. Make sure you typed the...
  9. This error message randomly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This error message randomly appeared: Hi, on startup a couple of command propts briefly popped up and then disappeared, it was very quick, an hour or 2 later those 2 error messages appeared Not at the same time, the one on the front appeared like 3 seconds after, this was very random and unexpected, what does...
  10. appearance of message

in Windows 10 Customization
    appearance of message: How do I change how the cursor appears in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/appearance-of-message/2ff5e602-e258-4434-bddf-2c3f7dfcef1c