Windows 10: error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

Discus and support error message "cannot use object linking and embedding" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received an invoice via email yesterday that was created in excel. I hit ok to an "embedding" message in order to view it. Today I'm trying to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kristine Basaraba, Aug 14, 2019.

1. error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

I received an invoice via email yesterday that was created in excel. I hit ok to an "embedding" message in order to view it. Today I'm trying to open excel and I'm getting a message "cannot use object linking and embedding". How do I correct this problem. Excel keeps shut off.

:)

Kristine Basaraba, Aug 14, 2019
  2. ryager Win User

Windows 10: How to Link an Object vs Embedding an Object in 3D Builder ?

Original Title: Linking vs Embedding in 3D Builder

Is there a way to Link an Object vs Embedding an Object in 3D Builder ?

So for example....

Say I have a gear object. that is included in my project. and I use the gear 300 times through out the project.

Later I determine that the gear needs deeper teeth.

I would like to be able to change the linked gear (the original) and have it automatically update all 300 uses in my project instead of having to touch all 300 gears. (yuck)

ryager, Aug 14, 2019
  3. DISKPART VIRTUAL DISK ERROR...."The object is not found."

Thank you for the warm welcome Ken.

I followed your directions as stated.

When I get to the 'Convert gpt' step, I get an error message:

Virtual Disk Service error:
    The object is not found.

- - - Updated - - -

hsehestedt,

Thanks for your reply.

See comments above.

The BIOS is indeed configured in UEFI mode.

The USB stick is the actual stick I received from Microsoft. I've got the stick and the product key.

The problem is that I can't get past this Virtual Disk Service error: The object is not found.

sameltopia, Aug 14, 2019
  4. error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

error message "cannot use object linking and embedding"

1. error message "cannot use object linking and embedding" - Similar Threads - error message cannot

2. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  3. Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default email for links embedded in messages and notifications.: I have Windows 11 - when I select an email link embedded in a message or other notification I am sent to Windows webmail for my response. I would prefer to use Outlook. How do I change the default so my system directs email links so they go to my Outlook account?...
  4. Phone link messages panel error

Phone link messages panel error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4R-XmjtQl_zNsbxxpQU7GPovBhRHINg/view?usp=share_linkHow can i fix it? There is a video of the issue in the link above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-messages-panel-error/af426ae3-ae30-4ca6-b03f-f347e89a5192
  5. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word: After inserting an excel object in word, I double-click it for editing, and when I click outside of the excel document and proceed into work, there is a "shadow" image. Below is a screenshot....
  6. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word: After inserting an excel object in word, I double-click it for editing, and when I click outside of the excel document and proceed into work, there is a "shadow" image. Below is a screenshot....
  7. Cannot effectively close an embedded spreadsheet object inserted in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. embedded link in email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    embedded link in email: I am using windows 10 and cannot open embedded links in emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/embedded-link-in-email/4955c98b-d220-4ef5-92c0-d1bd05b1d9bf
  9. Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone seen embedded Excel Objects becoming "Unkown Objects" when Word is saved and...: I'm using Windows 10 and Office 16 with the latest updates. I believe this is a Windows 10 User Registry/OLE problem rather than an Office problem because only one of 3 users on this laptop have the problem. But, When I embed an excel spreadsheet into a Word document, save...
  10. Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " ***Original Title: Hyper-V Network Error***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel cannot use object linking and embedding

2. cannot use object linking and embedding error