Windows 10: Error message: Data Access Component 2.1

Discus and support Error message: Data Access Component 2.1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot open Advanced Diary, a journal program. This error message pops up: Error Creating Object. Please verify the the Microsoft Data Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeneHarris3, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Error message: Data Access Component 2.1

I cannot open Advanced Diary, a journal program. This error message pops up:

Error Creating Object. Please verify the the Microsoft Data Access Component 2.1 (or later)
    has been properly installed.

After closing that message this one appears:

Error access violation at 0x000B19C4.
    (Tried to read from 0x00000004)
    Program terminated

AD has worked perfectly until a few days ago. The program's publisher has not been of help in this matter. Any solutions to this?

:)

GeneHarris3, Apr 18, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Error message: Data Access Component 2.1

Help with ordinal 2 error

Hi Tory,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to launch the Ordinal 2 on your computer. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Enable DirectPlay.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Select Turn Windows Features On and Off, click Legacy Components.
    • Choose DirectPlay and enable that.

Step 2: Run the compatibility troubleshooter.

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program.
    • Select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Error message: Data Access Component 2.1

1. Error message: Data Access Component 2.1 - Similar Threads - Error message Data

2. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  3. 2 errors for the price of 1!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 errors for the price of 1!: I'm having TWO issues which i think they're the most important, It is.. Event 161 volmgr, which by reading the description it takes control of minidumps so they are out of the question, and Event 7000... And Event 41.The two errors I normally get per Bsod are...
  4. How to fix the error of Microsoft Data Access Components in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the error of Microsoft Data Access Components in Windows 11?: The .Net Framework Data Providers require Data Access Components MDAC. Please install Microsoft Data Access Components MDAC version 2.6 or later. : Must define valid database paths before proceeding....
  5. How to fix the error of Microsoft Data Access Components in Windows 11?

How to fix the error of Microsoft Data Access Components in Windows 11?: The .Net Framework Data Providers require Data Access Components MDAC. Please install Microsoft Data Access Components MDAC version 2.6 or later. : Must define valid database paths before proceeding....
  6. Fatal Error "Coordinator -1" message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fatal Error "Coordinator -1" message: I got an error message when rebooting- it said Fatal Error "Coordinator -1". Can someone let me know that this is and how to fix it? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fatal-error-coordinator-1-message/9c870ae4-d287-462f-87e6-b1e451f2d896
  7. Borderlands 2 error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borderlands 2 error message?: Hello dear community, I got myself Borderlands 2 because of the current action in the Epic Games Store. But even after checking the download and installing it again, I can't start it. It always comes the same error message (Victory image). I hope you can help me. Thanks in...
  8. Windows Script Component [1, 1] Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Script Component [1, 1] Error: [ATTACH]Of late I have been getting this type of error whenever I start my laptop. I've tried to scan and remove any unwanted or corrupted files using sfc/snannow several times but it doesn't seem to remove this error. I check the Windows Updates but they are all up to date....
  9. data error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    data error message: what is meant by cyclic redundancy check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-error-message/724340cd-0fc7-4588-9e7d-64604fff1741
  10. User Data Access Error

User Data Access Error: Hi, I have been encountering some weird error that has been coming up recently. It shows as User Data Access_**random number** has stopped working. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit and haven't encountered this error before. Updated the Nvidia Graphics driver and...