Windows 10: Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find"

Discus and support Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using onedrive to go between multiple devices for a couple of years now. Today it will no longer let me open up files using my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeatherDuquette, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find"

I have been using onedrive to go between multiple devices for a couple of years now. Today it will no longer let me open up files using my main computer, but the files open up fine from my microsoft surface and from my phone. I have reset, uninstalled, and reinstalled onedrive and the error is still appearing.

Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find" 35ad14dc-aea4-4f98-9d90-07fdbff7b7ea?upload=true.jpg

This message appears with both files that have been opened before and brand new files.

:)

HeatherDuquette, Jun 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find"

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find"

1. Error message from onedrive files - "Windows cannot find" - Similar Threads - Error message onedrive

2. Cannot Share file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Share file from OneDrive: I have a personal OneDrive account and want to share files from it with others, and in a Basecamp Project online. I opened the file, clicked "share" and changed the sharing settings to "Anyone with the link" can access. I then both emailed this link to someone, and also put...
  3. Cannot Share file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Share file from OneDrive: I have a personal OneDrive account and want to share files from it with others, and in a Basecamp Project online. I opened the file, clicked "share" and changed the sharing settings to "Anyone with the link" can access. I then both emailed this link to someone, and also put...
  4. Cannot Share file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. receiving error message windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Customization
    receiving error message windows cannot find...: receiving error message windows cannot find 'C:\users\lovgupta\appdata\local\disk\packages\activ.vbs'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again...
  6. I cannot find my files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot find my files on OneDrive: I cannot find my files on OneDrive. These files were saved on OneDrive when I was working on my laptop. Now I tried to open these files on the desktop but couldn’t find them. What is the problem?...
  7. OneDrive error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive error message: I have been getting an error message that my OneDrive is not accessible. Was there an upgrade issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-message/6c13468a-a569-4394-98d5-4af9abb9ec15
  8. Windows cannot find... Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find... Error Message: [ATTACH] Since the past 2-3 days, I have been getting this error message randomly at regular intervals on my Lenovo Windows 10 Laptop. I don't know how to fix this? can someone please assist? Thanks, Bhavik...
  9. Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified

Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified: I cannot restore my computer because I keep getting this error message: Script: c:\users\<Removed>\rasautou.vbs Line 3 Char 1 Error: The system cannot find the file specified Code: 80070002 Source: null And I cannot copy and paste because it wont' let me do that...
  10. Windows cannot find file message

Windows cannot find file message: I am having problems running some program shortcuts on my laptop. I am getting messages similar to the following:- Windows cannot find 'C\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\HPSF.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. Can...