Windows 10: Error message in Outlook when using google calendar

Discus and support Error message in Outlook when using google calendar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I integrated a google calendar to my outlook 2013 (iCal) and it is giving me problems. I use the same calender on an Android and an iOS devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RadRuz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. RadRuz Win User

Error message in Outlook when using google calendar

Hi,

I integrated a google calendar to my outlook 2013 (iCal) and it is giving me problems. I use the same calender on an Android and an iOS devices and I have no problems there (on the iOS device I also use Outlook).

When I try to make an entry on the google calendar on my PC (usin Outlook) I get the message "You cannot make changes to contents of this read-only folder". I have seen a lot of other threads that are frankly quite old and nobody seems to know how to solve this.

It is surprising that MS hasn't tackled that yet, so I'm giving it a try here. I hope someone can help!

Thanks a lot!

:)

RadRuz, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Steve Fan Win User

Can I add google calendar to outlook without synching/downloading gmail eMails?

Not sure whether you want to achieve this via macros, but without using macros, you can try subscribing to your Google calendar in Outlook. See:

See your Google Calendar in Outlook

Update:

1. Log in to your Google Calendar account.
    2. In the left column, click My calendars to expand it, click the arrow button next to the calendar that you want to add to Outlook as an Internet Calendar Subscription, and then select Settings and sharing.

Error message in Outlook when using google calendar x1812.jpg

1. In the opened page, scroll down to the "Integrate calendar" heading. Find the "Public address in iCal format" line.
    2. Copy the URL which is the .ics URL you need to enter in Outlook.
    3. Next steps in Outlook should be the same as it mentioned in the article I mentioned above.

Error message in Outlook when using google calendar z4arZ.jpg

Steve Fan, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Error message in Outlook when using google calendar

A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

Hi!

My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show up in my Google Calendar? I don't mean in the sense of a single export, because events are being added all the time, but on a recurring basis? So:

- When an event is created or modified in Outlook on my work server, it updates my Google Calendar with that event.

I am aware that there is a way to 'view' both in a single calendar on Android and iOS, but I would really like to see it on the web client/Chrome App instead. The Outlook events showing up as actual events on the calendar would make my Google Home usable for this purpose as well, whereas having it in a view does not do that.

If there is any way to accomplish this, I'm down to look into it!

Thank you!!!

mechacontext, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Error message in Outlook when using google calendar

1. Error message in Outlook when using google calendar - Similar Threads - Error message Outlook

2. calendar display when in outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    calendar display when in outlook mail: When I have outlook windows 10 open for my mail, I have always had a calendar pane on the right side. Recently it disappeared, and I can't find the settings to get it back. Any suggestions?...
  3. Google calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google calendar: I purchased the Google calendar, and it's asking for an activation code! I can't find it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-calendar/a0f5098d-6b3b-4177-b111-2be249810ebe
  4. Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Calendar: Average more novice than pro user who is setting up my new, upgraded Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser. Issue: My old ver of Google Calendar had notifications via email and/or screen pop-up. This new version has only pre-selected...
  5. Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar

Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar: Hi All, does anyone have a tool or a solution to effectively sync between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar, in both directions? Thanks, Mark 145239
  6. Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Syncing Between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar: Hi All, does anyone have a tool or a solution to effectively sync between Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar, in both directions? Thanks, Mark 145239
  7. BUG - Outlook calendar can't add google account

BUG - Outlook calendar can't add google account: Hi, When adding a google account to outlook calendar, nothing happens - it gets stuck on the add account screen after you sign in, as seen here: [ATTACH] [Moved from: Outlook.com / alendars and tasks / Import, share, or open calendars]...
  8. Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail

Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail: I'm using my Live account for Google Calendars but my calendars shared with me on Google by other users does not sync and show up on my Outlook Calendar. Any ideas?...
  9. Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar): Hi, I'm really confused. I use a corporate Google account for my email and calendar (and contacts). I'm having trouble syncing this calendar (so that I can not only see appointments, but also add and amend them) in Outlook. Email is syncing perfectly fine. If I use the...
  10. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?: Hi! My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message on google calendar