Windows 10: Error message in Photos App

Discus and support Error message in Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted.When scrolling through my pictures this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jeng6, Sep 17, 2021.

1. jeng6 Win User

Error message in Photos App

Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted.When scrolling through my pictures this message briefly flashes between most but not all of the pics. It started with a few, now it is most of them. I cannot find what is wrong here. Why is it doing this. I have tried scans and reset the app.

:)

jeng6, Sep 17, 2021

2. Photos App Error Message "Connect a device ...

If I run the Photos App when I insert an SD card I get an error message:

Connect a device
    Connect the device you want to import from, and make sure it's turned on and unlocked.

Error message in Photos  App [​IMG]

Any ideas?

nigelmercier, Sep 17, 2021
  3. R0SIE Win User
    Photos app won't open

Unfortunately my issue wasn't resolved through those steps.

I still get the error message "The app didn't start." No error code is listed though. The app attempts to start, the black Photo screen starts, then closes, followed by the error message.

Am I able to delete and then reinstall the app?

R0SIE, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Error message in Photos App

Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem.

Hi Mark,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution, we would like to verify the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Windows Photo app?
    • Were there any updates/changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Aside from CahangirTahirov's suggestion, can you tell us what other troubleshooting steps have you taken?
    • Have you tried the other troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If yes, can you tell us what are those, and what are the results?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Error message in Photos App

1. Error message in Photos App - Similar Threads - Error message Photos

2. Microsoft Store and Photos app not opening with no error message - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos app not opening with no error message - Windows 11: I recently found while trying to trim a video on Films and TV app that I couldn't, no error message, just as soon as I hit trim the menu would disappear and I would just be looking at the usual video playback with no option to edit the video. That was my first problem and it...
  3. Photos App error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  4. Photos App error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  5. Photos Error Message

Photos Error Message: I get the error below when trying to open any png or jpg file. Images will open fine with paint or in the folder preview pane, but not on photo viewer. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Photo Print Error Message

Photo Print Error Message: I have Windows 10 and an HP Deskjet printer/scanner using wireless printing that works fine from my laptop but gets error message "your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem. 0x8007007e" and refuses to print from my desktop. I have tried removing the...
  7. Photo viewer not opening photos, gives error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo viewer not opening photos, gives error message: Hi, Having used the photo viewer for years, it's now not opening any jpegs. I get the viewing screen, with the file name and this message underneath it. Advice appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. No access to photos error message -2147219196

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No access to photos error message -2147219196: I cannot open photos nor save from a memory card. error message -2147219196. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-access-to-photos-error-message-2147219196/fbdb93f2-07d5-416c-8890-d3dc6e7ea582
  9. -2147219196 error message with Windows photos

-2147219196 error message with Windows photos: Windows 10 Photos app stopped working a day or so ago after last Windows update. Does anyone know of an app that is very similar to this app for editing photos. I have spent several hours trying the online fixes, but nothing has worked. I suspect that it will not be...
  10. Photos App Error Message "Connect a device ...

Photos App Error Message "Connect a device ...: If I run the Photos App when I insert an SD card I get an error message: Connect a device Connect the device you want to import from, and make sure it's turned on and unlocked. [img] Any ideas? 23051