Windows 10: Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...

Discus and support Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup location in Windows 10 backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveDwyer1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...

There was a failure in creating a

directory on the backup location in Windows 10 backup

:)

DaveDwyer1, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Bradybm Win User

System Image failed "The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location (0x80780148)"

I have been using Seagate 2 TB. Backup Plus external desktop drive on my Windows 7 system as my backup drive for system image and file and folders. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 recognizes my Backup Plus Drive, and can copy files back and
    forth to the drive. and the Device Manager says it is operating properly. When I try to create a systems image in Windows 10, I get the following error message

"The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location (0x80780148)

Additional information:

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570)"

I think the File History backup worked but I am not sure.

How can I resolve this or is there a commercial backup system that works with Backup Plus

Bradybm, Nov 26, 2018
  3. When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”.

Original title: System Image Error

When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”

Additional Information:

The file of directory is corrupted and unreadable. (0x80070570)

[There are 3.06 TB free on the backup disk and the backup size is 137.44 GB]

How can I create a system inage?

I did sfc /scannow got the following message:

‘Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log Windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
    Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.’

How can I fix the corrupt files?

DaveFoster, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...

When trying to create a system image I get the message “The backup Failed. There was a failure in creating directory on the backup storage location. (0x8078014B)”.

I did the Advanced Options and chose 'Safe Mode', I couldn't find Backup.

I then decided to 'Reset my Computer' and it didn't help. I still can't backup my computer.

The last time I tried I got 'There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location.

Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.'

I believe the problem is my external hard drive. I am going to check further.

DaveFoster, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup...

1. Error message in windows 10 "There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup... - Similar Threads - Error message was

2. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10: I am not able to save a system image to my external hard drive. This is the message: "The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location0x8078014B. Additional Information: This indicates that a notify change request has been...
  3. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10: I am not able to save a system image to my external hard drive. This is the message: "The backup failed. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location0x8078014B. Additional Information: This indicates that a notify change request has been...
  4. Failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup error message: Weekly, I run a system backup. I always receive the message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\jacsd\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002. The folder is empty.Is this something to be concerned about?...
  6. backup error messages

backup error messages: After each back up I get the message "Last backup was canceled" but the backup appears to be ok. how can I stop the error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-error-messages/1c236f1d-c602-48eb-a1c5-bc5ff2c92d1d
  7. Windows 10 Backup Failure with VSS Error

Windows 10 Backup Failure with VSS Error: If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I"ve searched for information on this error without success. My Windows 10 computer got Feature Update 2004 on 7/27/2020, since then I haven't been able to get Backup and Restore Windows 7 to run because of a VSS error. Volume...
  8. "Check Your Backup" There was a failure in creating a directory on the back up storage...

"Check Your Backup" There was a failure in creating a directory on the back up storage...: Each week I perform a backup & system image of files from my laptop to an external h/drive with a larger capacity. The device is never moved from my desk, so it's never bumped / knocked, etc. I've been using the external h/drive with no issue for the past few years, my...
  9. Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5

Sudden Backup Failure -- Error Message 0x807800C5: Hello, I'm trying to find out how to help my sister -- very recently when she tried to backup her computer (to portable drive 1) and backup her files (to portable drive 2) she got an error message -- 0x807800C5. I looked at the information on the Microsoft site about this...
  10. Error/ Failure Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error/ Failure Message: I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting this failure message every time, and I do not know what application causes it: format '%s' invalid or incompatible with argument Please help me on how I can solve this problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location

2. windows server 2016 backup error: there was a failure in creating a dirctory on the backup storgae

3. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location.

4. There was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location. with error code 0x8078014B,
  5. backup failed to complete. there was a failure in creating a directory on the,
  6. failure in creating a directory on seagate backup plus drive,
  7. there was a failure in creating a directory on the backup storage location 0x8048014b