Windows 10: error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible...

Discus and support error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While updating to Windows 10 I received this error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HDFS, Jan 14, 2020.

1. HDFS Win User

error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible...

While updating to Windows 10 I received this error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible with this version of Windows and must be removed before continuing. I no longer have Lynksys on this computer and can find no files associated with Lynksys. Windows 10 installation is paused.

:)

2. I'm downloading the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and it's telling me my AE1200/2500 Wireless LAN Dongle is not compatible.

It also addresses the full name as "Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle", just to make it clear. Anyway, is there a way that I can update the dongle to be compatible, or is there any other adapter I can buy that would be compatible? Any ways
    to fix this?

BrandonACohen, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Linksys Dongle Error

Hello, I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 64-bit. I am using a Dell Precision T3610. I have attempted 5 times, and keep getting this message:

Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 wireless Lan Dongle Device is incompatible with this version of windows and must be removed before continuing installation.

Interesting that Microsoft misspells "Linksys" as "Lynksys." But I digress.

I don't have this dongle attached to this computer. In fact, the computer is connected via Ethernet cable to a Netgear wireless hub, which is connected via Ethernet cable to a Linksys cable router. I have attempted attaching the cable directly to the router
    with the same results. I inherited this computer from a friend who passed away, and it's possible he was using a wireless dongle. I can't find any drivers on the system, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I'm looking at "devices and printers"
    and "device manager" but don't find a Linksys driver anywhere.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Broncosudds, Jan 14, 2020
  4. error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible...

Windows 1607 Update installation problem

I have been trying to update my Desktop for several weeks now. It always gets to Preparing to install updates 32% and stops with a dialogue box stating that "Couldn't install Windows.

Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle. This device is incompatible with this version of Windows and must be removed before continuing."

Note - I did have a Linksys AE1200 (note different spelling of Lynksys) on the PC and have since exchanged it for a D-Link 2500 dongle. I removed the Linksys device and software from my system. There is no trace of a Lynksys or Linksys on my Drive. However
    Windows thinks there is!

I understand that this may be a certification issue - but I do not have this device on my PC.

Help

George

georgetrussell, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible...

1. error message: Lynksys AE1200/2500 802.11 Wireless LAN Dongle This device is incompatible... - Similar Threads - error message Lynksys

2. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  3. Wake on Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Wireless Lan: Is there a way to set up my computer to wake u from wireless lan? I am running windows 10 but nowhere near an ethernet port, and would like to be able to do the regular WOL abilities. Another question I haven't been able to find anywhere, is it possible to turn on my...
  4. Canon 2500 Printer will not complete installation - Error message - prevented Metered...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon 2500 Printer will not complete installation - Error message - prevented Metered...: Cannot complete Installation Canon Printer - System displays Error - Installation incomplete - Metered Connection. How to disable metered Connection ?...
  5. Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Lan: My son accidently deleted or uninstalled Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC from our lenovo pc. Windows 10 system. Now we can not connect to wireless. Is this repairable or do I have to purchase a wireless adaptor now? He also deleted the bluetooth function....
  6. Aeroglass Incompatibility Issue with Windows 10 Error Message

Aeroglass Incompatibility Issue with Windows 10 Error Message: My laptop is windows 10. I previously used windows 7 for a long time. I asked if there was a way to make windows 10 look like windows 7 and i was told to download aeroglass. It looks very nice but the thing i downloaded was aero glass for windows 8.1. I get this error...
  7. Aeroglass Incompatibility Issue with Windows 10 Error Message

Aeroglass Incompatibility Issue with Windows 10 Error Message: I posted this in general but not sure if it belong there or here. So im posting it here because my previous thread about this was posted here. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7? - Windows 10 Forums My laptop is windows 10. I previously used...
  8. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...
  9. Slow wireless lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wireless lan: Hi I have a dell XPS L502x with a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 BGN 1x2 HMC my internet speed from the isp is 100Mbps download and 20Mbps up load and when when it is hard wired to my laptop I get 105Mbps and 21mbps upload. but the maximum I get with wireless is 62mbps...
  10. Incompatible device - Device is not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incompatible device - Device is not installed: I'm trying to upgrade a client from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 using the Upgrade Assistant. It downloads and verifies and then starts the installation. At the end, it errors out saying that an incompatible device must be removed. The device is listed as a Linksys...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linksys ae1200/2500 windows 10 error

2. lynksys wireless lan dogle ae1200/2500 delete

3. cant update windows due to lynksys dongle

4. windows `10 wont upgrade lynksys ae1200/2500 802.11 wireless lan dongle